Almost all of us have dreams of studying abroad, no matter where we are from. There are many places which offer wholesome MBBS (Medicinae Baccalaureus Baccalaureus Chirurgiae) studies or Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery such as China, Philippines, Europe, etc.
Europe has been the destination of choice for academics to further their studies as it is known for offering world-class research and education. Not only that, there is a wide range of options available for students to choose from.
Europe is also the best destination for students who wish to travel, as there are budget travel solutions to discover the whole continent. However, applying for an MBBS in European countries may vary and require specific requirements. Below are several examples:
Table of Contents
London is the top choice for all international aspirants who are considering to study abroad. It offers a range of study options to suit international students at all levels.
Applicant must be at least 18 years of age. As this is a medicinal field, the applicant must also possess high grades in science subjects such as Chemistry and Biology.
Some universities also require additional exams such as the UK Clinical Aptitude Test (UKCAT) or BioMedical Admissions Test (BMAT). BMAT is only valid for one year. Therefore, applicants should apply immediately together with the initial course application.
- IELTS qualifications
- Colleges also require international applicants to take the English Language Testing System (IELTS) for them to be able to communicate and understand their lecturers during their studies.
- Compile necessary documents
- A list of documents required for enrolments such as a diploma, academic reference letters from past professors or lecturers, reference letters from previous employers, Statement of Purpose, a completed resume, photocopies of IELTS/UKCAT/BMAT reports, and proof of funds.
- After receiving the offer letter of admission, aspirants can apply for the UK visa.
Germany is the destination for students to study abroad due to its advertised free education. After deciding on which course to embark on, the next step is to meet all the documents and requirements. Although this may vary between universities, they are generally similar.
Admission requirements are set very high by the German Universities. For UG courses as much as 90% is expected for admission. Aspirants are needed to be completed successfully in the first year of their bachelor degrees from the recognized university.
It is important to include the photographs of their passport which have a validity of 6 months after the date of the departure and as well as the recent passport size photograph with their family members
- Includes an entrance qualification such as a previous Degree which consists of a transcription of previous grades, Proof of proficiency (German or English),
- Copies of Passport, Visas or related Identification Cards, Letter of motivation as well as past references.
- Learning German will be valuable in understanding your lectures as well as day-to-day communications. This should be done at least six months before to ensure a firm grasp on the language.
- After receiving the admission letter, the applicant must then apply for a Germany visa if they are not from the EU or EEA countries.
Submit Your Application
German universities have their application platform. However, some universities go through uniassist.de. Once the form is completed, the waiting begins for the admission letter.
Poland is another popular choice for students to study their MBBS. This is due to its ease of admission without sacrificing the quality of education.
Must be between 17 to 25 years to be eligible to study medicine in Poland. Good grades in Science related fields such as Biology, Chemistry, Physics, are also required at least 60% minimum marks during higher secondary examinations.
Applicants must also have a proper education in a 10+2 pattern. NEET qualifications are necessary for students from India.
- Polish universities begin admissions in May or June each year.
- Must send the certificates of past academic qualifications, including a transcript and copies of valid passports or identity cards.
- After confirmation, international applicants can then apply for a student visa.
Studying abroad can bring a lot of benefits in terms of character development, learning about other traditions and cultures and most importantly, learning to be independent.
Applying to study an MBBS in Europe might be tedious at times; however, the rewards are lifelong and well worth!