If you want to travel overseas for education and better opportunities, you need to hold an excellent international credit card. You can go through this article and find a brief understanding of the best international credit card for students. You can use an international credit card to avoid travelling issues and make transactions easier. This type of card works as a specific credit card for international transactions, making buying online or at a POS in another country a breeze.
International travel has become easier with students’ best international credit cards. Banks offer overseas credit cards with their own set of features and tempting offers, making them an excellent alternative for customers, as you can see at loanbaba.com. There are a lot of Reward Points (RPs) and various cashback incentives that can be claimed in the future, in addition to the airline miles.
Benefits of Best International Credit Card for Students
While the perks differ from one international credit card to the next, the following are some of the most prevalent ones:
- You can use the card to pay for products and services purchased overseas, both over the counter and online.
- It may be used to withdraw cash from any bank in the world in an emergency.
- The card may usually be used as an international lounge access credit card and can be used at various international airports worldwide.
- When you use your international credit card abroad, you earn reward points that may later be used for great discounts and bargains.
- The top international credit cards provide incredible discounts and points on travel and hotel bookings.
- A select number of premium foreign cards also include complimentary memberships and concierge services to help you when travelling abroad.
Best International Credit Card for Students
There are several international credit cards for students available from reputable financial institutions, each with unique features and bonuses that will make your trip worthwhile. Let’s take a look at a few of the most acceptable cards. This card is a good option for students looking out for best international credit card for students.
Citi PremierMiles Credit Card
If you plan on travelling internationally, the Citi PremierMiles credit card from Citibank is an attractive option. The card comes with a 3.5 per cent international transaction fee and complimentary lounge access at several airport terminals. The Citi PremierMiles MasterCard allows you to make six visits per quarter in a calendar year. Still, the Citi PremierMiles Visa Signature Card will enable you to make eight visits per quarter.
Reward Points and Unique Features
- Miles can be redeemed at over 100 domestic and international airlines by using a credit card to make purchases.
- You can transfer your miles to any Citibank airline or a Citibank hotel partner using the card.
- When you spend Rs. 1000 within 60 days after receiving the card, you will receive 10,000 reward points. The estimated value of 10,000 miles is Rs. 4,500.
- Receive a refund of 4.5 per cent of the rupee’s value. Rs. 45 for 100 kilometres.
- When you renew your card, you’ll get 3000 airline miles, which translates to Rs. 1,350 in vouchers.
- When you book flights, hotels, or car rentals through www.premiermiles.co.in, you’ll earn ten airline miles for every Rs. 100 spent.
- Earn 10 miles for every Rs. 100 spent on international airline tickets.
- Citibank online partner traders earn 10 miles for every Rs. 100 spent.
- Get 4 miles for every Rs. 100 spent on any other purchase with the card.
- The miles you earn are suitable for the rest of your life. As a result, the ban dates will not affect you or your savings.
- You may follow your reward points through SMS 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Get up to Rs. 1 crore in free air accident insurance coverage.
- You have simple payment alternatives to repay the outstanding balance.
- You can save 15% on your dining bill with the bank’s restaurant partners.
- American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card
- This is one of the most significant credit cards since it allows you to earn miles and bonus reward points for using your credit card. You can use your points on any airline. The credit card offers many advantages that make it a good choice. The following are the features of the American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card.
- Candidates must be over 18 and have a current or savings account with an international institution in India.
- The individual must maintain a permanent residence in India.
- A person’s annual income should be at least Rs. 6 lakhs.
- They should have an excellent credit history with no payment defaults.
- If the candidate is self-employed, the firm they are engaged in should have a 12-month operational record.
Advantage of the Best and Characteristics
- The first year’s price, without taxes, is Rs. 3,500. The charge for the second year, without taxes, is Rs. 5,000. The annual interest rate is 40.2 per cent.
- As a welcome gift, you’ll receive 5000 Membership points, which can be exchanged for Rs. 4000 in Indigo Vouchers.
- The reward point rate is 1 Membership Rewards Point for every Rs. Fifty spent. Insurance, petrol, cash transactions, EMI conversion at Points of Sale, and utilities are not included.
- Spend Rs. 1.90 lakh each year and receive Indigo Vouchers worth over Rs. 7700.
- You will receive three thousand four hundred regular Membership Reward Points if you spend Rs. 1.90 lakhs in a year.
- Spend Rs. 4 lakhs in a year and earn Rs. 10,000 in Spend Milestone Bonus Membership Rewards Points. These points can be redeemed for Rs. 10,000 in travel vouchers. In addition, get 3,600 Regular Membership Rewards Points (RPs) worth Rs. 1,800 in travel vouchers.
- If you don’t want to use your points for travel vouchers, you have 500 other options.
- If you spend more than Rs. 4 lakhs using the card in a year, Taj Group will give you an Rs. 10,000 Taj Experiences E-gift card. The Vivanta Hotels, Taj Hotels, and SeleQtions all have gift cards.
- Once a year, get free access to over 30 airport lounges in ten major cities, including Delhi, Mumbai, and Bengaluru.
- Earn 3% cashback at the country’s best gas stations.
HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card
This credit card is the card to get to save money on dining out, entertainment, and travel. Let’s look at some of the primary benefits of using an HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card. This card is a good option for students looking out for best international credit card for students.
Reward Points and Features
- Get a one-year Zomato Gold Membership as a welcome gift. Every visit to a Gold-partnered food or drinks restaurant earns you a complimentary dish or up to two complimentary drinks. This membership is available after spending Rs. 75,000 within the first three months of receiving the credit card.
- For every Rs. 150 spent on retail, you’ll get 4 points. Except for fuel purchases, this includes expenditures on education, insurance, rent, and insurance.
- If you spend Rs. 5 lakhs every year, you will receive Rs. 10,000 RPs. If you spend Rs. 8 lakhs in a year, you’ll get an extra 5,000 reward points.
- If you book through www.hdfcbankregalia.com or airvistara.com and spend on stand-alone cafeterias, your reward points will be multiplied by two.
- These points can be exchanged into air miles on several prominent domestic and international carriers.
- You’ll also get a 2% markup if you spend in foreign currency.
- RPs can be used to redeem up to 70% of the cost of a flight or hotel reservation. The balance should be paid with a credit card.
- You can use the points to book a hotel or an airline ticket. Each RP is worth INR 50 paise when redeemed at https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com/regalia.
Axis Bank Miles & More World Credit Card
Axis Bank has developed a credit card that allows customers to earn unlimited miles on various qualified purchases. You can also look at the bank’s travel loan options at loanbaba.com. This is an excellent credit card for regular travellers. In addition, utility bills can be paid automatically with the card. To make transactions safer, the credit card features an EMV approved chip. The benefits of choosing this credit card are listed below.
Between the ages of 18 and 70, the principal cardholder shall be. The bearer of the add-on card must be at least 18 years old. The applicant must be a citizen of India or a non-resident Indian (non-resident Indian).
Reward Points and Characteristics
- Mistakes such as flying accidents, baggage losses, lost cards or credit shields are covered by insurance.
- Axis Bank loans have advantageous rates.
- Get four complimentary visits to select airport lounges per quarter. Access to MasterCard lounges across the country is free.
- The card comes with a welcome offer of 3000 miles. On activation and transactions of Rs. Fifty thousand in the first 60 days, you’ll receive 2000 miles.
- Priority Pass is given out after the credit card is activated. Every year, you’ll get two Priority Pass lounge visits.
- Jet Privilege HDFC Bank World Credit Card
- This credit card offers premium travel advantages through some of the world’s most well-known airline partners. It’s worth noting that you can now enjoy the convenience of JPMiles with InterMiles. The JPMiles earned can be accumulated and redeemed for InterMiles at www.intermiles.com.
- You can keep your existing JetPrivilege Number on the InterMiles platform and make use of the HDFC Bank JetPrivilege Credit Card’s existing advantages.
- The age limit for a primary cardholder salaried/self-employed applicant is 21 to 60 years old and 21 to 65 years old, respectively. The charge for this card’s first year and renewal is Rs. 2,500 + GST.
- The monthly interest rate on revolving credit is 1.99 per cent.
- Get 50 days of interest-free credit from the card purchase date, subject to charge submission at the merchant.
- If you spend Rs. 3 lakh on the card within the first 12 months of its activation or renewal, the renewal charge is waived for the following year. Renewal discount vouchers are not available if the renewal charge is waived.
- There is no accountability if the card is lost or fraudulent transactions are conducted.
- Use an EMV chip card at a POS or a swipe machine at a non-chip POS for safe and secure transactions.
- You have the option of selecting one of three add-ons involving members of your immediate family who are over the age of 18.
- After swiping the card for the first time, you’ll earn 3,750 InterMiles.
- If you spend Rs seventy-five thousand or more in retail within the first 90 days after card activation, you’ll earn 3,750 InterMiles.
- Get a Silver Membership on the InterMiles platform by default. In addition, members of the JetPrivilege Tier will now be counted as InterMiles Tier members.
- Get an Rs. 750 discount voucher when you purchase repeat tickets.
HSBC MakeMyTrip Signature Credit Card
HSBC bank has introduced an intriguing option for those who enjoy shopping and travelling. The HSBC MMT Credit Card provides attractive rewards and discount vouchers, but it also offers additional benefits like free travel tickets if certain conditions are met. Applicants for this card must be at least 18 years old. They can be salaried employees, self-employed professionals, or business owners who have a constant income stream. Let’s look at the advantages of utilising an HSBC MakeMyTrip Signature Credit Card.
- This credit card is accepted all across the world. Miles can be transferred to other airlines. The miles you’ve accrued will not expire.
- You’ll have access to exclusive lounges. In addition, food purchases can be made with in-flight discounts.
- Get a voucher for a domestic flight worth Rs. 500. This can be used to pay for the entire flight, including the base fare.
- Get an exceptional membership anniversary gift if your total spent in the first year reaches Rs. 4 lakhs. You’ll also earn 10,000 bonus points and two more vouchers for domestic airline flights worth Rs. 500.
- If your transaction is between Rs. 400 and Rs. 4000, you will receive a 2.5 per cent fuel cost waiver up to Rs. 250 per month.
- Get up to a 20% discount on dining in the country’s most popular cities.
Yatra SBI Credit Card
The Yatra SBI Credit Card includes several attractive travel incentives. This card is a good option for students looking out for best international credit card for students.
These advantages apply not only to travel but also to shopping and other activities. Some of the card’s features and perks are shown below.
- On Yatra.com, one reward point is equivalent to 0.25 paise.
- For every Rs. 100 spent on other categories, you’ll get 1 RP.
- At all gas stations, a 1% fuel price waiver is available.
- For this reward, the transaction amount should be between Rs. 500 and Rs. 3,000.
- Monthly surcharges of up to Rs. One hundred are available per cardholder.
- If you spend Rs ninety thousand in the current year, you will be entitled to a reversal of your yearly membership price the following year.
So the options mentioned above are best suitable for any student looking out for the best international credit card for students. You can check out the brief descriptions provided along with these options to understand the requirements and benefits of the cards better.