Ukraine consists of some of the best medical schools in the world. They are much more affordable than the ones in countries like the US or UK and the popularity of Ukraine among the students who want to pursue an MBBS degree is growing higher and higher with each passing day. Also, the biggest advantage of a degree from a Ukrainian University is that the eligibility for applying to any job in any part of the world can be done easily.
Ukraine also doesn’t require an exam to pass to apply for their universities to get through. A student needs to finish about 5.8 years of duration to gain an MBBS degree in Ukraine.
Some advantages and factors that are to be considered when going to Ukraine to study are:
- The infrastructure and the quality of education are very good in Ukrainian Universities.
- The government of Ukraine always helps the institutions in times of need and always is there to maintain the standard of education in such institutions.
- The expense of accommodation and the tuition fees are very affordable and hence is preferred.
- No donation is required or accepted by the college for the admission of students in the colleges of Ukraine.
- Other than studies, a lot of Ukrainian institutions also encourage extra-curricular by a great extent like sports and games and other activities.
- Encouragement to attend seminars and other international organized events are also greatly appreciated by the colleges of Ukraine.
- And lastly, the medical colleges in Ukraine offer the best of everything, starting from accommodation to education, at the lowest rates possible.
Average Cost of Study:
The cost to study medicine in requirement is one of the most affordable tuition fees for any country. MBBS college of Ukraine with low fees to maintain the standard of the education and also help in the practicality and in-depth research of the studies.
The average cost to study in Ukraine would be around 16 to 25 lakhs in Indian rupees including the accommodation throughout the duration of the studies.
The total might even increase a bit, maybe by 80,000 to 1 lakh rupees if we take additional accommodation expense into consideration.
Even though the fee amount is quite less as compared to other countries, it still needs to be duly paid to the university. But the fee amount and the accommodation amount are what attracts the students to study in Ukraine.
Cost of studying Medicine:
The medical stream in the most sought after degree that is pursued in Ukrainian Universities. Tuition fees in Ukraine generally range from $1200 to like a $5000. In a lot of institutions, the preparatory programs have tuition fees equivalent to $2000 or even less than that, as much as $ 1000.
For Undergraduate Courses- For this case, the tuition fees don’t only depend on the type of study or course, but also in the language it is being taught and the University it is being taught from. Obviously, the courses taught in English would be higher than the same course taught in the local language. Medical is the course that generally costs higher than most courses.
An average medical course in the English language for a university in Ukraine would cost as much as $4000 to $5000 being the maximum. Whereas the same medical course in the local language would cost as less as $2000 to $3500.
And as I said before, it also depends on the university. Which means that, if the university is from Kiev, the main capital city known for its institutes, then the tuitions fees will automatically be higher than a university that would be somewhere away from the capital city.
With the exception of the medical courses in English, most of the other undergraduate courses range between $2000 and $3500.
For Postgraduate Courses- For this case, if an individual wants to get a master’s degree or a Ph.D. degree then they have to fill out forms for them accordingly to sign up for the correct degree.
For a Master’s degree, an individual has to pay around the sum of around $6600, which will include both the accommodation and the tuition fees. The duration for the studies and the tuition would be for 1.5 years.
For a Ph.D. degree, an individual would be paying around a $6600, for the first year, and then followed by around $4000 every year after that, for 4 years. The amount stated above contains both the accommodation and the administration.
One of the more important aspects, when you go to study abroad or away from home, is the accommodation. The place and type of accommodation where one stays highly reflect the amount of money and the monthly or yearly fee the accommodation will consume.
If an individual stays at a hostel, then the cost and the annual fee per annum would be around $300 to $1000. The costs depend on the quality and the amenities the hostel provides you with.
Rented apartments, flats and other kinds of accommodation outside the campus would charge more or less around $200 per month depending on the area, size, location, and condition of the accommodation.
Some rates and accommodative fees for some types of establishments are given below for reference:
- Apartment (1 bedroom) in the City Centre- $288.15
- Apartment (1 bedroom) outside of the City Centre- $173.17
- Apartment (3 bedrooms) in the City Centre- $561.64
- Apartment (3 bedrooms) Outside of the City Centre- $329.73
Along with the rates for apartments, the rates for some basic essentials are also given down below so that the idea for a general day and the expenses for each day can be determined, roughly:
- One-way Ticket(Local Transport)- $0.17
- Taxi Start Fee (Normal Tariff)- $1.34
- Cinema (1 Seat)- $3.05
- Internet (10 Mbps, Unlimited Data)- $3.52
- Fitness Club (Monthly Fee)- $15.58
- 1 min. of Prepaid Mobile Tariff Local- $0.03
- Meal, Inexpensive, Restaurant- $4.26
- ● Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Rest- $16.75
Fees for the Administration:
These fees are the costs and expenses that include, registration, residential permits, medical tests, medical insurance, immigration, and it may or may not include, hostel insurance. It differs slightly from one University to another.
The total fees for the administration will range between $200 and $300 and should be paid annually. But it’s suggestive that students understand and ask these fees from the universities separately.