Judging the system of visa application processing over the years, it is quite evident that the required swiftness is missing. Immigration laws are one of the areas that definitely can complete the processing of visa quickly provided; it brings about some changes in the system.
Although every nation has a fast track department, they can definitely consider more cases than what they do currently.
In an attempt to help better this area, some recommendations can definitely help in improving the area of immigration processing. Here are some suggestions:
1. The immigration community should be informed much ahead in case there is a change of forms, if any so that any delays that are caused because of old forms being used.
2. Instead of cancelling or returning the entire documents to the applicants, which causes delays in the processing of visa. The department can request the applicants to send across any missing documents or provide other/further evidence.
3. The fee procedure, which is currently different for every government departments, should be consolidated. And all government offices should accept similar modes and procedures for accepting payment.
4. Half the problems of immigration processing can be solved if the call centre services are bettered. After waiting for over 90 minutes over the phone, applicants are cut off. At times the calls are never taken. Setting up more call centres with 24*7 customer service is a great way to process visa faster.
5. There should be one individual address made available to the applicants looking forward to immigrating, for all types of immigration processing offices. This includes visa application centres for couriers, mails, visits, overseas consulates, etc. A hopeful applicant that receives a denial letter without any proper contact number, address, or email to learn why their application was rejected is very frustrating.
6. Multiple file numbers to track one application file is nowhere near to intelligent. The one-file number for one client will help get rid of all types of confusion, complication and duplicate filing.
7. A checklist for all visa applications along with a list of documents that are identified by name and number should be made available online. This list should be searchable by name to prompt faster searches and get exactly what is required.
8. Although the right to counsel is not available in America legally, it would be an act of respect to jot down the right to counsel on the contacts as mentioned by the applicants through the use of representative forms.
9. The administration should introduce a simple to approach system were applicants that have been refused permission to enter the country. A senior officer in the system can review the requests of applicants that wish to have their denials reviewed. This will help in correcting the mistakes that they made in the form quickly and help them to get through the immigration process the next time they apply.
10. The government officials should be given a time slot in which they must clear the absolute number of forms that they are required to process in a day.
These suggestions are mostly applicable for American and Canadian visa immigration process. However, most other countries may also benefit from these offered suggestions upon its implementation.