South Korea is similar to other Asian countries with advanced technology, large populations, and modern cities. South Korea is a perfect mix of old and new traditions with temples, palaces, and modern buildings with dense residential areas. If you are planning to study in South Korea, we have got you covered by this guide.
This guide lists the top 19 reasons why you should opt for South Korea to carry out your further studies! Let’s delve into the discussion.
Studying in South Korea gives a vast range of employment opportunities. Each of the graduates from Korean universities is hugely successful in getting a job around the world. Moreover, the economy of South Korea is brilliant and is stable. This will, in turn, assure you about a secured future in terms of finance, consequently after graduation.
Cheap cost of living
Residing in South Korea is hugely reasonable. When we say cheap, we include the cost of accommodation, transportation, food, and lifestyle. For instance, an average taxi ride will cost you around ₩1150 (US$1) per kilometre if calculated roughly.
Excellent education institutions
The most crucial factor to look into is the educational institution. Known for its most renowned universities, South Korea is home to the three largest universities worldwide. These include Korea University, Seoul National University, and Yonsei University.
Each of the universities owns great post-graduate employment rates with an incredible reputation. In addition to it, South Korea is even proud of Korea’s advanced institute of science and technology and Sungkyunkwan University. Although these are least known, they hold great impression and Importance.
The top priority of any person planning to shift abroad is convenient and cheap. Moreover, aspirants get more than satisfied to find tasty food at an affordable rate. In this check box, South Korea has all the boxes filled in. The entire culture of South Korea revolves around food. They have a massive number of social gatherings, people united by a focal point of having food.
This country has an incredible and vibrant nightlife. Koreans have a very relaxed kind of attitude where they believe in working hard and playing harder. Most of the clubs have themes that can offer an intriguing night out. These clubs stay open the whole night until the early morning.
Korean people are very kind. When international students visit Korea, they are welcomed wholeheartedly. Koreans are always looking forward to sharing their culture with people who are unaware of it. This makes them delve into creating a bond with each of the international students. This is done because Koreans believe everyone residing in their country must have a piece of knowledge about the country’s culture.
Opportunity for travel
South Korea has a unique geographical location. Within proximity to most Asian countries that include Japan and China, Korea offers excellent travelling opportunities overseas. The best part is that travel costs are cheap, making it even easier for people to travel.
If you are a fan of scenic beauty, you can never go wrong with South Korea. The view of this place is what you will crave for the rest of your life.
Perfect balance between traditional and modern
If you wish to reside in a place where everything is available in a mix or blend of modern and traditional, South Korea is the perfect place for you. With numerous conventional buildings and western complexes, South Korea’s amenities create an ideal balance between the two generations. You will hardly witness such beauty elsewhere.
Most universities in South Korea provide lessons for learning their language besides teaching them their regular English courses. The classes are arranged according to the difficulty level to begin at a basic level of a beginner to a pro.
High standard of living
Although the living cost is cheap, the standard of living is exceptionally high! South Korea stands as the fourth largest country in terms of economy in the entire Asian continent. Side by side, South Korea is regarded as the leading financial centre of the world. It experiences phenomenal growth in its economy, thereby making itself an ideal place for people to reside and study or work.
Korean government support for international students
South Korea is one such top country that ranks in low cost of education, scholarships, living, and programs for the international students who come to South Korea for further studies. Compared to countries like Britain and America worldwide, the Korean government makes sure they provide an excellent student experience to all the international students so that they do not face any such issues.
Since 1967, Korea’s government has offered about 7000 scholarships for each student who has visited it from the other 148 countries to carry out further studies. In addition to it, the Korean government supports 2000 international students on an annual basis. Isn’t it just lovely? English classes are held for international students, but they are taught Korean to add skills to their list.
The job opportunities for foreigners and students in South Korea are incredible too. International students can easily apply for a part-time job while they are already studying. Side by side, an exhibition is held for recruiting students under the strict support and supervision of the Korean government. This further makes it an easy job for them as well as students while applying for work. The best part is, you can even earn while you study!
Straight from the Kpop culture to Korean movies, Korea’s entire entertainment culture is quite interesting to draw international students’ attention. The capital city of South Korea, Seoul, has independently grown up into an excellent metropolitan area that has an advanced transport system along with huge skyscrapers. Among these, the best part is it has not lost the authentic charm of the traditions.
It does not matter where you decide to study in South Korea, the entire country is a sight to behold, and you will feel blessed to entirely immerse yourself in the fine and rich traditions of the country.
- Travel: Surely, you will travel to a particular country’s attractions when you decide to visit there. Well, then you will be amazed to hear that the availability of developed transport around the whole country is what will take your heart away. You can quickly move and travel among the cities and tiny villages situated in the mountains. You can even visit the volcanic island! Isn’t it amazing?
- Economy: Referred to as the Asian tigers, South Korea owns the fourth largest economy worldwide. This allows them to offer tons of job opportunities for all the graduates looking for a job after completing their studies. Finding a job in South Korea is extremely easy. The largest South Korean industries comprise several telecommunications, electronics, manufacturing of vehicles, chemicals, etc. Along with it, you must know that South Korea is home to famous companies like Hyundai, KPMG, and Samsung.
- Quality Education: The quality of education provided in this country is phenomenal and highly competitive. Particularly in terms of higher education, Koreans are extremely serious. The academics in Korea are hugely competitive, along with a competitive nature in students. Teachers are respected and are very serious about providing the best education.
Korea is home to several prestigious universities, among which most are situated in Seoul. Korean society sees it as a success when a student studies in these universities.
- Study Programs: There are several fields of study programs that are available for international students. The most popular areas are the arts and Science programs and that are related to business. If you aspire to enrol in South Korean universities, you can never go wrong as it has the best education system to offer.
If you are more inclined towards the culture, you can opt for several cultural and language-based programs in South Korea’s cities. Some other unique educational programs are the Korean language summer programs and the national science foundation summer institute program specifically for graduate students from the US.
- Outstanding educational rankings: Under the 2015 World competitiveness ranking from the International institute for management development (MD), South Korea ranks as the 25th place in the entire world for its competitiveness. It was even rated as the 4th rank in terms of quality education. This straightaway means any student who wishes to study abroad can blindly go to South Korea to reap high-quality education benefits.
With this, we come to the end of this guide. We hope that the list above has helped you narrow your search of finding reasons to study in South Korea.
Top Scholarships to Study in South Korea
KAIST Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students, South Korea
Are you interested in studying in South Korea? KAIST welcomes submissions from all over the world. The KAIST Foreign Student Scholarship is available for undergraduate international students offered by the Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology.
Provided by: KAIST
Korean Government Scholarship program
Looking for scholarships to study at Yonsei University in Seoul, Korea? Yonsei University is making its greatest effort to ensure that quality education is within reach for students through financial aid in the form of various scholarships. International students can also explore national scholarship options through the Korean Government Scholarship program.
Provided by: Korean Government
Sogang University Scholarships 2021
Sogang University is offering numerous scholarships for incoming graduate and undergraduate students entering the university. The scholarships include different criteria’s according to students’ qualifications and needs.
Provided by: Sogang University