Are you interested in studying in South Korea? KAIST welcomes submissions from all over the world. The KAIST Foreign Student Scholarship is available for undergraduate international students offered by the Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology.
KAIST Undergraduate Scholarships are very competitive. Qualified international undergraduate students wishing to study at KAIST are invited when they register for their course to apply for the KAIST International Student Scholarship. For either the spring semester or the fall semester, you may choose to apply. This scholarship also offers other incentives for eight semesters with a full-tuition exemption.
Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
KAIST is a national research university situated in Daedeok Innopolis, South Korea. It was the first research-oriented science and engineering institution in South Korea established by the Korean government in 1971. The acceptance rate for local students was 14.9%, and for international students at 13.2%.
The candidates fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must ba an international student
- Application of the international students admission.
- After their freshman year, students must maintain a GPA of over 2.7 out of 4.3 at KAIST.
Acceptable Course and Subjects
- Life Science and Bioengineering
- Liberal Arts and Convergence Science
Why Study at KAIST?
KAIST is considered as one of the best science and engineering university in Korea. The main aim is to provide better study material and a good environment for their students. Seventy different countries students come to study at KAIST. KAIST is one of the most ethnically diverse universities in the country.
Benefits of the Programs
- Students enrolled fulltime course for applying for this scholarship.
- University provides a full-tuition exemption for eight semesters (Around KRW 12,600,000).
- If KAIST selects a student, his / her tuition fee is deferred, and he/she will earn a KAIST policy-based scholarship.
How to Apply for the Scholarship?
There is no separate procedure to apply for the scholarship program: Same as admission application. Just search “KAIST scholarship” in the online application section of the Statement of Financial Resources for admission.
Step 1: Apply for Admission
- Apply for this scholarship; students must take admission in this university.
- Click here for admission related guidelines.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- One Recommendation Letter
- Application form
- High School Profile
- High School & University Transcript
- Official English Proficiency Test(EPT) Score Report
- Loss of Korean Nationalit
- Certificate of Facts Concerning Entry & Exit issued by the Korean Immigration Office.
- Passport size photo
- Previous year mark sheet
- One copy of an ID card or a passport
- Applicants must have a high school certificate.
- A diploma from an accredited secondary school.
- Candidate must hold the English language proficiency certificate.
Suppose you need to stay in South Korea for your academic programme for more than three months then you will require a South Korean student visa. There are following document need to apply for the student visa.
- Application Form
- Photo of passport size.
- Initial passport (validity of 6 months minimum)
- Academic documents, notarized with the true attested edition.
- Financial documents (Notarized or original, six months bank statement till the date of submission).
- Certificate of the health of TB Test issued by the designated hospital.
- Study Plan/Personal Statement.
- Guarantor’s letter for Finance.
Application Deadline: 23rd October 2020 by 5:00 p.m.(KST)
Contacts of Admissions Office: Tel.: +82-42-350-4803 Fax: +82-42-350-2420 advanced.adm[at]kaist.ac.kr
University Location: E16-1 Bldg., Rm#102, 291 Daehak-ro, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon 34141, Republic of Korea.