The Australian Government has a new way of approaching the skilled migrants with the intake of the migration program. The Global Talent Independent program offers a streamlined, priority visa pathway to recruit 5,000 high-skilled migrants, and talented individuals to work and live permanently in Australia.
The program is organized to attract skilled migrants from the top future-focused fields to Australia. The program aims to bring the best talent from around the world.
The program launched in the beginning November by Immigration Minister David Coleman, the Global Talent Independent’s program is based on talent working in seven “future-focused fields” such as Agtech, Fintech, Medtech, Advanced Digital, Data Science and ICT.
Australia’s Home Department is set to work with universities and industry bodies in the hope that brain gain will spur innovation and create employment opportunities in the country.
The Global Talent Visa is an excellent initiative, and we will work with Government to smooth implementation of the new scheme and ensure it meets the needs of our economy, universities and research institutions.
Australian officials will actively recruit out high-skilled workers from abroad, and attend and expose significant industry events to promote the program. The Department of Home Affairs stated that it already has global talent officers based in Santiago, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, New Delhi, Shanghai and Washington DC.
The announcement comes on top of the recent expansion of post-study visa rights for international students studying on regional Australian campuses. It is a recognition of the importance of attracting talented migrants from around the world that will turn into a contribution to the development of industry sectors is critical to the future success of Australia.
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor of the University of Queensland said that “it will highlight opportunities in Australian sectors that undoubtedly would benefit from attracting diverse and talented individuals from across the globe”.
- Prospective applicants who work in a field and have the potential to earn more than AUS $ 149,000 per year will be fast-tracked into permanent citizenship in Australia. The program aims to bring 5,000 migrants between July 2019 and June 2020.
- All the eligible migrants under the program will receive fast-tracked processing, and some will be eligible to obtain Australian permanent residency within a matter of weeks.
- Space and Advanced Manufacturing
- Cyber Security
- Energy and Mining Technology
- Quantum Information, Data Science, Advanced Digital and ICT Application Process
Expected Salary Threshold
The high-income threshold is currently AUD 148,700. This figure differs annually on 1 July.
For more information go through Fair Work High Income Threshold
To access the program get a referral through either:
- A Global Talent Officer
- An organization or an individual with a national reputation in the same field as the candidate.