The University of Saskatchewan is inviting applicants from worldwide to enter their university and apply for the enormous International Baccalaureate (IB) Excellence Awards. The program is open for students willing to study any bachelor’s degree at the university in Canada.
The university organized the funding program to appreciate and support hard-working students in their careers. The recipients of the program will be able to pay for any of their high-cost educational expenses.
University of Saskatchewan
The University of Saskatchewan is known as a Canadian public research university, founded on March 19, 1907. It is located on the east side of the South Saskatchewan River in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. The University of Saskatchewan is one of Canada’s top research universities (based on Canada Research Chairs). It is a member of the U15 Group of Canadian Research Universities (the 15 most research-intensive universities in Canada).
The applicant must meet up with the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- International students (non-Canadian citizens paying differential tuition) completing a full IB diploma entering any direct-entry college at the U of S will be considered for an IB Excellence Award.
- Recipients are eligible to receive the International Baccalaureate Excellence Awards in addition to a Guaranteed Entrance Scholarship.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are open to studying any bachelor’s degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at the University of Saskatchewan?
USask is where you can learn, grow and be part of a community that recognizes how beautiful knowledge can be. Established in 1907, the University of Saskatchewan has a long history of excellence. Their graduates are known for their work ethic, resourceful nature and determination. They will continue to build on our history of success to address the world’s challenges now and in the future.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The University of Saskatchewan is offering a total number of 4 scholarships worth $20,000 each to aspiring students.
- The funds can be used towards any educational expenses such as tuition, fees, or books.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to these scholarships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Applicants need to apply online for undergraduate admission, and then they will be eligible for the scholarssship consideration. Students must also provide the necessary supporting documents, pay the application fee and meet U of S admissions requirements (including English Language Proficiency) by March 1.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Your educational history
- A Visa or MasterCard for online payment of application fee.
- For most programs, a minimum, non-refundable $90 CDN application fee is required to submit the application.
- Supplemental documents can be submitted after you apply
- Applicants must meet the general country/study curriculum entry requirement.
- You must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- Prospective graduate students who do not meet language proficiency requirements for admission may choose to fulfil those requirements by completing the U-PREP program at the University of Saskatchewan Language Centre (USLC).
As an international student, you must apply for a study permit before coming to Canada, if your course or program is six months or shorter. Still, you plan to work as a student or get paid by an employer or another source in Canada (for example, from the University of Saskatchewan).
Application Deadline: February 15, 2021
Contact address: 306-966-1212/ firstname.lastname@example.org
University location: Saskatoon, SK, Canada