Are you preparing for pharmacy school interview?
This post is for you. It’s easy to let your insecurities sneak into your mind when applying for top pharmacy school. It’s easier to let that nagging voice in the back of your head get in the way of doing your best at whatever you do. You don’t have to let the negative thoughts win.
Pharmacy career is very rewarding if you can get in to good school. Choose to be a confident Pharmacist!
Don’t fall victim to peer pressure or bad advice. Prepare well for the interview .
I have researched and listed top interview questions for pharmacy school interview questions. The interview will be your time to shine. You will give a perfect performance and give a good impression to your potential future employer. You have to bring your A Game, prepare well and expect to be chosen.
Don’t rush the interview process.
Get used to the interview process. It’s a lot to take in. Prepare well, because you are going to experience different types of interviews.
List of pharmacy university interview questions
- Why you want to study pharmacy?
- What is the role of the pharmacist in the treatment chain?
- Which three human and animal molecules are present in paracetamol and acetaminophen?
- What is the most common adverse event of a proton pump inhibitor?
- What is the most common adverse event of the proton pump inhibitor indomethacin?
- How would you manage pain at any time of day?
- Which of the following should you expect when taking a flu drug?
- Describe how a Peristaltic catheter operates.
- Why do you chose to work in the field of pharmacy?
- What is the purpose of a paediatric pharmaceutical nurse?
- Describe a care pathway for a drug rep.
- Describe a social environment for the pharmacy team.
- In the context of a clinical scenario, describe an unpleasant experience in a clinical environment.
- What is the most difficult part of your training?
- What do you expect to learn at your postgraduate training?
- What would you like to do with your postgraduate degree?
- What challenges do you think a modern pharmacist faces?
- How do you prevent workplace conflict?
- How would you encourage your clinical manager to help pharmacy?
- What problems would you like to be able to resolve in clinical practice?
- What is the most important step to improve the patient experience at your hospital?
- What do you do with prescription refills?
- How do you identify patients in the community for therapy?
- What are the factors affecting patient adherence?
- Describe a good visit to a healthcare facility
- What type of medical condition does a pharmacist typically see in their practice?
- In a clinical scenario, what medication is appropriate for the patient?
- In a clinical scenario, what medication is not appropriate for the patient?
- Describe the positive experience of a patient when receiving a medication from a pharmacist.
- Describe a patient who did not follow the prescription correctly
- Why do you think pharmacists should be the most trusted source of care when patients cannot talk with the patient or healthcare professional?
- What makes a good pharmacist?
- What makes a bad pharmacist?
- Describe the action of ticagrelor in sepsis
- What would you like to change in your pharmacy?
- What are the main issues in pharmacy that are affecting patients?
- Describe a dispute between pharmacy and another area of healthcare.
- How would you protect patients from financial harm caused by a pharmacy error?
- What does the use of cannabis mean for the pharmacist profession?
- What would you like to change in the current system?
- What are the challenges in pharmacy?
- What do you think about pharmacists getting distracted by the use of smart phones?
- What are the reasons for industry stagnation?
- What does pharmacist research offer the patient?
- What role does the integration of information technology play in pharmacy practice?
- What is the role of pharmacy in patient outcomes?
- What are the consequences of non-compliance with medication treatment?
- What do you want people to know about pharmacy?
- What do you think of the report released by the World Health Organization?
- What other resources are available to pharmacists?
- What skills do you think make a good pharmacist?
- What does the future of pharmacists look like?
- Describe a successful time in your career.
- What were the main reasons that you decided to enter pharmacy as a career?
- Describe your top five strengths.
- Describe your top five weaknesses.
- What advice would you give pharmacists currently working?
- What do you think of career choices for pharmacists?
- How would you deal with a anxious customer who didn’t trust their medication?
- How would you respond to someone who would rather continue in a job where they aren’t appreciated or respected?
- How do you treat a medical malpractice situation?
- What do you think of the idea of pharmacists going into primary care?
- What types of services or products are best-suited to benefit consumers in a pharmacy setting?
- What does the regulation of pharmacy (Prescription Drug Maintenance Act) mean for pharmacy practice in the US?
- How can pharmacy practice best benefit patients?
- How does pharmacy benefit society?
- What can the pharmacy profession learn from the evolution of technology?
- What do you think is the most promising area for innovation?
- Describe the goals of an efficient pharmacy practice.
- Why do you think the pharmaceutical industry is looking to cut costs?
- How do you think pharmacy practice can better serve consumers?
- Describe a solution for the over-reliance on profit in pharmacy practice?
- Do you have a favourite quote that illustrates your values?
- What do you think the most challenging tasks for pharmacy professionals are?
- What are the opportunities available in the profession?
- How do you address long-term practitioners with health problems, especially as one pharmacist ran their practice for 16 years?
- What concerns you most about the future of the pharmacy profession?
- Do you think the definition of ‘good’ for pharmacy is changing?
- What do you think of pharmacy’s relevance to mental health?
- How do you think the current system of public and private health care is failing patients?
- What are the biggest challenges facing pharmacists in the future?
- Is there anything that you think has changed over time in pharmacy practice?
- What are the consequences of ethical shortcomings in pharmacy practice?
- What should pharmacists do differently when they encounter negative patients?
- What makes pharmacy unique from other professions?
- Do you believe pharmacists are under-represented in leadership roles in society?
- How can pharmacy become more involved in science and engineering?
- How would you feel about being on a reality show?
- What questions do you think pharmacy leaders should be asking?
- Do you have any specific training that would help you in this kind of position?
- If you had a pharmacist apprenticeship for a year, would you be better off with the alternative of learning a new job in the pharmacist profession?
- What advice would you give to pharmacy students to help them succeed in this kind of role?
- How do you see pharmacists as managers within a business?
- How much experience do you have with understanding and working with challenging patients?
- What would you do if you knew your community’s health challenges, and what would you do about them?
- What experience have you had dealing with preventable illness and what do you think is the biggest cause of preventable illness?
- What advice would you give for how to be a good health care professional and pharmacy manager?
- Do you think prescription charges are a fair way of paying for drugs?
- How would you work with politicians to reduce medication costs for the public?
- What is your role in the community?
- Have you ever done direct patient care or run an in-depth clinical trial?
I hope these 101 interview questions will help you prepare for the pharmacy school interview, and help you formulate meaningful answers to these questions.
Most important thing about applying to pharmacy school is to have confidence and passion about pharmacy and health care. Don’t be intimidated by the interview!
Hopefully you find these questions interesting and thought provoking. Feel free to comment below to share your thoughts.
Read More: Why Study Pharmacy in Canada?
If you are looking for pharmacy school scholarships then check here – Top Pharmacy Scholarships for International Students