To financially support academically talented international students, Xiamen University came forward with its enormous scholarships open for 2021-2022. The applicants can apply for any of the bachelors, masters or doctoral degree programs at the university.
Xiamen University concerns about the financial hurdles faced the deserving students in completing their higher education. The scholarship awardees will get hands full of amount to cover their tuition, fees, or other educational purposes.
Xiamen University is known as a public research university in Xiamen, Fujian, China. Founded in 1921 by Tan Kah Kee, a member of the overseas Chinese diaspora, the university was also perennially ranked as one of the top academic institutions in Southern China, with strengths in economics and management, fine arts, law, chemistry, journalism, communication, and mathematics.
The aspirant must meet up with the mentioned eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The applicant must be an international student.
- Applicants must meet the requirements of the respective programs they are applying for.
- Educational background and age limits as of September 1, 2021:
- Bachelor’s programs: hold a high school diploma or above and be under the age of 25;
- Master’s programs: hold a bachelor’s degree or above and be under the age of 40;
- Doctoral programs: hold a master’s degree or above and be under the age of 45.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are open to studying any bachelors, masters, or doctoral degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at Xiamen University?
Xiamen University has strong potentiality in human and social science research. Southeast Asian studies, Taiwan studies, Higher Education research, economic studies, and Accounting studies are highly ranked programs in China. Xiamen University vigorously promotes the campaign of teaching Chinese as a foreign language. The university has co-established 15 Confucius Institutes with universities in North America, Europe, Africa, etc.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- Scholarship holders will have their tuition fees covered. Moreover, monthly living allowances will also be provided to outstanding postgraduates following the standards of Chinese Government Scholarships.
- Duration of Scholarships
- Bachelor’s programs: 4 or 5 years;
- Master’s programs: 2 or 3 years;
- Doctoral programs: 4 years.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
To apply for these scholarships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Application for the scholarships will be applicable only after the student is admitted to Xiamen University. Students should complete an online application at http://application.xmu.edu.cn and upload the scan copy of the Application Form for the scholarships (https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/16898/list.htm). The Scholarships Application Form should be completed in Chinese or English and signed by the applicant. There is no need to mail paper application materials.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Fellows must meet the general country or study curriculum entry requirement.
- Fellows must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
- Educational background and age limits: Applicants for master’s degree courses must hold a bachelor’s degree.
Students who want to study at Xiamen University can get an X visa through mentioned procedures (X visa should be changed into a residence permit in 30 days after entering China): Applicants who want to study in Xiamen University for less than six months can apply for an F visa (usually allowing staying in China for 180 days) through following procedures mentioned on the main website.
Application Deadline: April 15, 2021
Contact address: +86 592 218 0000
University location: 422 Siming S Rd, Siming District, Xiamen, Fujian, China, 361005