Science fiction isn’t just thinking about the world out there, it’s also about thinking how that world might be. So, for new fascinating writers of science fiction and fantasy, who have the desire to get mentored by the professional writers can participate in Writers of the Future contest.
Competition comes into the spotlight in order to appreciate fresh writers and artists to develop creativity, and to promote their work. This also helps to improve confidence and will make you a better writer which maximizes the chances of your success.
Who May Considered
Before considering yourself for contest, take a look at below-given eligibility criteria:
- All those candidates who have not yet had any new or short novels published professionally can apply for the competition.
- Applicants need to submit a story written using prose. If they find any poetry from any of the competitors, then their work will not be considered for the competition.
- All those applications which do not require a transmission signature from them will be accepted for the contest.
- Candidates are highly requested to submit their own created stories, in case if your work shows plagiarism such as of poetry, song lyrics, and characters were written by another person your application would be disqualified.
- To be eligible, entries must be works of prose, up to 17,000 words in length.
- All participants must be high calibre who can indicate their presence in front of highly experienced judges.
- Applicants can submit their application through online or offline.
- Candidates who submit their entries in hard copy will be written with black ink which must be typewritten or computer printout.
- If you are submitting a hard copy, then you have to write your name, address, telephone number and email address on the cover page.
- Participants who are submitting their application electronically are required to write the title and page number.
- A separate document is required in the electronic submission, in which the name, email address, telephone number and address of the participant should be given.
- Participants will be awarded the cash prize which is divided into three: a First Prize of $1,000, a Second Prize of $750, and a Third Prize of $500.
- Besides these, the writer of the grand-prize-winning story will also get an additional $5,000 cash prize.
Application Deadline: Entries must be submitted before September 30, 2019.