To encourage and assist sub-Saharan countries, the World Bank Group is sponsoring Blog4Dev competition that attracts modern personalities to weigh in on a topic crucial to the country’s economic growth.
This is an annual writing competition aims to fasten Africa’s youth and grant a stage to share their opinions and answers about development issues that are essential to them.
Hurry Up!! Enjoy the benefits by participating in this competition and get a chance to do an internship at the World Bank Africa Country Office, or publish your blog on the World Bank Africa Blog.
Table of Contents
To be eligible for this competition, the applicants must follow the given criteria:
- Candidates must be a citizen of any of the 48 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 28 years of age.
- Currently, reside in a Sub-Saharan African country.
- Not have been winners of previous editions.
- Submissions must be original. The World Bank Group reserves the right to test every entry with anti-plagiarism software.
- The blog post length should not exceed the following limits: 500 words or less in English, 650 words or less in French and Portuguese. Longer entries will be disqualified.
- Only one submission per entrant will be allowed.
- By entering the contest, participants agree to release the World Bank Group from any claims based on the contest and grant the World Bank Group all rights to their entry, including consent to publish their entered blog post on its website and social media channels.
- To enter the competition, submit your original blog entry detailing your ideas about what it will take to end Early Child Marriage in your country.
- Written and submit your text in English, French or Portuguese.
- Winners are eligible for several prizes, including being invited to attend a dedicated program during the World Bank – IMF Spring Meetings 2020 in Washington DC.
- Opportunities to represent Africa’s youth at high-level events.
- A chance to intern at a World Bank Africa country office.
- Chance to have your blog published on the World Bank Africa blog Youth Transforming Africa.
Application Deadline: Entries must be submitted by November 30, 2019.