The University of Warwick is announcing its WMG Excellence Scholarships to assist students who are willing to study in the UK. The applications are available for students with an offer to study on a WMG Full-time MSc course starting in October at the university.
The university will be distributing an enormous amount of funds to assist students in acquiring their higher education. The recipients of the program will be able to pay for their tuition, fees, or any other educational expenditure.
University of Warwick
The University of Warwick is known as a public research university on Coventry’s outskirts between the West Midlands and Warwickshire, Engla It was established in 1965 as part of a government initiative to expand higher education. Within the University, Warwick Business School was founded in 1967, Warwick Law School was founded in 1968, Warwick Manufacturing Group (now WMG) in 1980, and Warwick Medical School opened in 2000. Warwick incorporated Coventry College of Education in 1979 and Horticulture Research International in 2004.
The students must meet up with the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Candidates must hold an offer to study on a WMG full-time MSc course starting October 2021.
- Applicants should have an excellent academic track record or strong professional profile to qualify.
- For conditional offer-holders, awards will also be conditional on achieving the awardee’s final predicted grade.
- WMG Excellence Scholarships are open for self-funded students only. NB: students with partial bursaries, on scholarship-loan schemes, or partially funded by an external organization may also be considered.
- Awardees should inform the scholarship committee if they are in receipt of another scholarship or are later awarded other funding.
- WMG Excellence Scholarships are open for study on UK full-time MSc programs only.
- WMG Excellence Scholarships will be paid towards tuition fees only and cannot be paid in cash or towards accommodation or maintenance costs.
- WMG will award WMG Excellence Scholarships across all WMG full-time MSc programs to optimize nationality and gender diversity.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are open for studying Msc degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at the University of Warwick?
The University of Warwick is known as the most digitally savvy UK University, offering modern campus facilities and innovative teaching techniques that allow students to learn at their own pace and in their way, 24 hours a day. Warwick is home to over 9,500 students from 147 countries. We offer a range of study options, including opportunities abroad, the Warwick International Foundation Program, Summer School, and English Language courses.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The university will be awarding over £750,000 in scholarships and bursaries to students commencing study on full-time MSc programs taught within the WMG department at Warwick, beginning in October 2021.
- WMG Excellence Scholarships are merit-based awards and available on a competitive basis.
- Students will be judged on past academic achievement, professional experience, reasons for study, and their vision for the future.
- WMG Excellence Scholarships are awarded on a percentage discount of the tuition fees, with awards ranging from 10% to 50% tuition fee discount.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to the scholarships, candidates are needed to follow the below steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Eligible and interested students are first advised to apply for a master’s degree to get considered for the scholarship. The students who will be accepted to the course can then apply for the scholarship by filling out the online application form.
Step 2: Apply for the Scholarship
Students accepted an offer by the university can then apply for the scholarship through an online application form. The form is to be filled to get consideration for the fund provided by the university.
Step 3: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Aspirants must meet the general country or study curriculum entry requirement.
- You must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- A pass at Grade C or above, or Grade 4 or above in GCSE English Language and Mathematics or a Science, or an equivalent qualification, satisfies this University requirement. A pass at Grade B or above, or Grade 6 or above may be asked for, or a pass at Grade A or above, or Grade 7 or above will be required.
The Student route replaced the Tier 4 route from 5 October 2020. The Student route falls under the UK’s new points-based immigration system and aims to deliver a more streamlined experience. Visas issued through the Tier 4 route are still valid, and those eligible will be able to apply for the Graduate Route when it opens in summer 2021.
Application Deadline: Applicants must submit their scholarship application within four weeks of receiving their offer.
Contact address: +44 24 7652 3523
University location: Coventry CV4 7AL, United Kingdom