Students are now free to apply for any one of the scholarships and bursaries offered by Wilfrid Laurier University for the current year to study in Canada. The applications are made available for students who will be attending postsecondary study for the first time at the university.
Wilfrid Laurier University has come up with several scholarship programs to assist deserving and talented aspirants willing to achieve higher and quality education. The funds will help out the recipients in completing their degrees with ease at the campus.
Wilfrid Laurier University
Wilfrid Laurier University is known as a public university located in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. The university operates satellite campuses situated in Brantford and Milton, Ontario, as well as offices in Kitchener, Toronto, Yellowknife, and Chongqing, China. It also offers undergraduate and graduate programs in a variety of fields, with over 15,000 full-time undergraduate students, over 1000 full‑time grad students and nearly 4,000 part-time students as of Fall 2019.
Candidates must meet up with the given criteria to be applicable for the grant:
- The candidate must be any international student or domestic student.
- Must be attending postsecondary for the first time.
- Must be starting your degree at Laurier with fewer than 4.0 university credits previously attempted (at any university) or less than 1 year of full-time college education.
- You must be registered full time (2.0 credits minimum per term) to receive the full entrance scholarship amount and you must be registered in two terms within your first academic year
- The value of your entrance scholarship is split between your first two terms of study.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are available for pursuing any degree program in the given fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at Laurier University?
For more than a century, Laurier University has been known for academic excellence and preparing students to succeed after they graduate. 98% of their 2018 graduates secured employment or went on to postgraduate studies. They share a deep commitment to research within a culture that supports and celebrates teaching excellence.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
How to Apply for the Scholarship
To apply for these scholarship awards, fellows must follow the below steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Entrance scholarships are offered based on your admission average as of July 6, 2021. No application is required. So, students are only required to apply for admission at the university for any particular coursework.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Applicants must compete with the country or study curriculum entry requirement.
- Must have English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country or curriculum in which you studied.
- A 4U English at a minimum of 60% (or higher for some programs). All required courses listed in your program’s admission requirements must be at a minimum of 60% (or higher for some programs).
Students will need to apply for a study permit if they are not a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident and if they are staying in Canada for longer than six months. They may also need a visitor visa or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada. If so, this will be issued as part of your study permit application.
Application Deadline: Open
Contact address: +1 519-884-1970
University location: 75 University Ave W, Waterloo, ON N2L 3C5, Canada