Are you worried about how to study abroad? If yes, then here you can apply for scholarships offered by Wichita State University. The university arranged the grants for incoming students at the campus from all over the world for any undergraduate or graduate degree.
Wichita State University distributes these funds each year to deserving and talented aspirants entering the university. Recipients will be able to utilize the funds to cover educational expenses such as tuition fees, books, allowance and any other expenses.
Wichita State University
Wichita State University is a public educational university located in Wichita, Kansas. It is governed by the Kansas Board of Regents. The university offers more than 60-degree programmes in more than 200-degree programmes in six colleges. The university’s graduate school offers 44 master’s degrees in more than 100 fields and a specialist in education. It is classified among “R2: Doctoral Universities – High research activity”.
In order to apply for a scholarship, the candidate must satisfy the following qualifying criteria:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Must attend WSU for one year before applying for scholarships
- Scholarships not awarded before the student arrives in Wichita
- Scholarships awarded based upon good grades at Wichita State.
- No scholarships based upon financial need.
- It is automatically awarded to eligible students.
- It is automatically renewed until the end of your program.
- Only available for new international students (freshman, transfer, and graduate).
- Must have admission to a degree program.
- It may be used for both Intensive English and academic classes.
- If you attended a school that does not have American-style grading, we would convert your grades after applying for admission and submitting all required application materials.
- GPA of 3.0 (out of 4.0) or its international equivalent for undergraduate applicants
- GPA of 3.3 (out of 4.0) or its international equivalent for graduate applicants
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are open to studying any undergraduate or graduate degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at Wichita University?
Wichita enjoys a modest cost of living-much lower than the coastal cities. Since we are a public institution, the cost of attending Wichita State is also significantly cheaper than that of other colleges. Wichita is a safe and welcoming community, and Wichita State is one of the safest colleges of its size in the United States. The college has a police department, and the Community Police Station is right adjacent to the campus.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The university distributes US$700,000 in scholarships awarded to international students each year
- Scholarships are usually US$500 to US$2,500 per year
How to Apply for the Scholarship
Applicants must take these steps in order to qualify for these scholarships:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Eligible candidates applying for admission at the university for any undergraduate or postgraduate degree courses will automatically consider the scholarships. There is no need of any separate application to apply for the funds.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Applicants must comply with the general country/study curriculum admission requirements.
- You must show your English language skills and meet the general acceptance requirements for the country/curriculum you have learned.
- Achieve an ACT composite score of 21 or above, OR a minimum combined SAT score of 980.
- Rank in the top one-third of your high school graduating class.
The conditions for either country are diverse, including whether you can apply for a visa via mail, through a visa agency, or whether you are expected to appear in person at the Consulate or Embassy to apply for a visa or to pick up a passport with a visa after it has been approved. And after you have collected all of your documents and completed a visa application, consulates usually take 4-6 weeks for processing. Any consulates need up to 3 months of processing.
Application Deadline: Open
Contact address: +1 316-978-3085
University location: 1845 Fairmount St. Wichita, Kansas 67260 (316) 978-3456