Tier-2 visas in the UK allow you to stay in the country for around five years. Provided, you are a skilled worker. You can apply for a visa if you have been offered employment and you reside outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland.
This detailed article regarding the tier-2 UK visa will equip you with all the information. This is necessary to pursue your employment opportunity with ease.
Who Needs the Tier-2 Visa?
This visa category is ideal for people who wish to enter the UK on a long term basis to pursue employment opportunities in the skilled labour sector. The sector comprises many fields such as IT, accounting, healthcare, teaching, and others.
Additionally, the tier-2 visa has different categories ranging from the intracompany transfer, minister of religion, sportsperson or general categories.
What Documents Do You Need to Apply for a Visa?
Here are the essential documents that you need to submit in case you are applying for the tier-2 visa category for the UK:
- Completed the visa application form along with a valid passport.
- Sponsor certificate and other details that can meet the maintenance funds requirement during your stay in the country.
- Travel documents that include experience certificates and other relevant documentation.
- Proof that they meet the tier-2 English language proficiency requirements. This consists of a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Medical certificates.
- A recent passport-sized photograph.
- The applicant must score at least 70 points in the Tier-2 Points system test.
What Do You Need to Know about the Tier-2 Visa?
Once you are granted a visa permit to enter the UK, you can stay in the country for a total of 5 years and 14 days. Or the time is given on your certificate of sponsorship, whichever is shorter.
Apart from the time mentioned above, you are also given an additional stay duration of 1 month in the country. You can extend this stay for a period of another five years and 14 days as long as your total stay in the country does not continue more than six years.
You are entitled to several different benefits with tier-2 visas such as:
- Multiple entries – you can travel abroad and re-enter the UK numerous times.
- You can take up additional work or voluntary work within the country.
- Take up educational courses.
- Bring family members along with you.
Visa Application Fee
The visa application fee per person is 610 euros for up to 3 years. You have to pay an additional 610 euros for each dependent that you wish to include. The fees vary depending on the duration of your stay and other relevant factors.
How Long Does It Take for the Visa Process?
Getting a decision on your visa application process might take roughly three weeks. You can submit your application a maximum of 3 months before the date listed on your certificate of sponsorship.
You can pay for a priority service that gives you a faster decision in as little as five business days by paying a premium fee of 500 euros apart from your application fees.
Being a stable and developed economy, the UK has diverse employment opportunities in skilled labour. This makes it an increasingly popular destination for job-seekers from all around the world.