Since globalization, the business sector has shown up an abnormal hike in its growth. It is expanding its operations in the international world and actively participating in competition worldwide
At such times, every company is looking for some highly qualified professionals or experts that could handle the competitive managerial positions at their companies and make their contribution towards its growth.
This is the reason why these days students after 12th are more interested in management courses instead of the traditional courses like medicine, engineering, etc because of the increasing demand of BBA and MBA aspirants in the business world.
Students pursuing with management course both at the undergraduate and postgraduate level are offered with flourishing career opportunities in one of the top multinational companies or organizations at high managerial and administrative positions.
What is BBA?
BBA also known as the bachelors of business administration or business management is a three or four-year undergraduate level course designed to provide a student with conceptual, theoretical, and practical knowledge of various aspects of business and management like finance, operations, marketing, economics, basic accounting, etc.
BBA is the first step towards MBA. It introduces you to the fundamental concepts and principles of business and management and builds a strong foundation in understanding the business and develops analytical and critical skills required for MBA aspirants.
Some of the core subjects taught in BBA are organizational behavior, basic management skills, business strategy, market trends and competition, financial accounting, legal regulatory framework, international finance and marketing, e-commerce, communication, entrepreneurship development, capital management, etc.
Why do we study BBA?
BBA is a professional degree that has a lot to offer to the students pursuing this course. Students looking forward to building a successful career in the business field and big corporations can study BBA as their first step towards higher education in management studies.
There are many reasons why one should opt for a BBA course:
Excellent Career opportunities
BBA degree is very much popular among students these days because of the variety of job opportunities it offers. BBA aspirants can work almost in any sector be it business, finance, economics, management, marketing, sales, etc. There will always be a bunch of options available for them in the business and corporate world.
BBA degrees open doors for you to the best managerial and administrative positions where you will be secured with high salaries and many excellent benefits.
BBA helps you with your overall personal development. In BBA, you get to learn leadership skills and how to work as a good team leader which further allows you to become strong and confident enough to handle the overall management and run a whole company effectively.
BBA course also helps the students with strengthening their communication skills and managerial skills which is the most important requirement if you are entering into a business and management sector.
Studying BBA further allows students to build a managerial perspective along with the entrepreneurial skills
In BBA, students not only get theoretical knowledge but also practical training on how to deal with the different situations in management which is a good way to enhance their career development.
BBA degree is quite affordable as compared to other professional degrees. Even though it is 3-4 years long, the tuition fees of this course are significantly less than the 2 year MBA degree and, in the end, you will get the value for the money you have invested in the degree with greater returns.
Study multiple subjects
In BBA, you will get to study multiple core subjects like accounting, business law, and ethics, human resource management, strategic management, marketing, etc which will help in enhancing your knowledge and skills and build a strong background and also will help you in choosing the specialization for MBA.
Also, being a multi disciples degree offers you multiple options to pursue a career in. You can choose your career and specialization based on your interests and skills
Stepping stone for MBA
BBA is the first step towards MBA
Although anyone can join an MBA course, but if you are a BBA gradute then your chance of getting preference over other students will increase. Being a BBA graduate will hold a strong background for you in the management field.
As the business world is increasing every day. Many new start-ups are entering the business sector and existing ones are expanding their businesses on the international level. Overall the market size is increasing and that asks for the need for more and more competent professionals to come and enter the business field.
What do we study in BBA?
As stated above, the BBA degree has so much value to offer to its students as It is a quite versatile degree that covers a wide range of subjects concerning business administration and management like accounting, business law, and ethics, human resource management, marketing, strategic management, and organizational behavior.
The BBA degree is designed to provide a broad knowledge of the functional aspects of the corporate world and also allows specialization in a particular area.
The degree also focuses on enhancing the students’ practical knowledge, communication skills, managerial skills, and decision-making ability by the way of on-campus internships, presentations, industrial visits, interaction with the experts, which are offered by the universities.
BBA degree allows the students to specialize or major in the subjects according to their interests and which they want a career in.
Choosing the right specialization is important as it helps you with adjusting your learning and target your knowledge and skills to a specific career in business.
Following are the business specializations offered to the students pursuing BBA:
- Marketing– BBA in marketing focuses on preparing students for careers in marketing, providing them the experience and knowledge of the recent principles and practices used in the contemporary world of marketing. Students opting for this specialization learn about global marketing, e-commerce, services marketing, brand management, buyer behaviors and so much more
- Finance– the BBA specialization in finance offers students a detailed understanding of financial problems and skills to develop financial solutions for such problems. This major covers topics like financial markets, financial statements, investment analysis, international finance, trading, and portfolio management, etc.
- Human resource management– BBA in human resource management is designed to prepare students for handling and managing human resources. In this specialization, students learn about organizational behaviour, business environment, communication skills, management accounting, retails management, etc.
- Entrepreneurship– the major is for the students who are planning to start their own companies at the end of their studies. It is a highly practical and challenging program covered with business entrepreneurship projects. This program helps the students to generate a perspective of a real entrepreneur by providing them the skills and knowledge of entrepreneurship.
- Hospitality and tourism management– This program aims at providing knowledge and understanding of the dynamics of the hotel and tourism industry. It is a dual specialization program for both hospitality and tourism aspirants. It mainly deals with the skills and knowledge required in operations within the leisure industry, hotels, resorts, travel, tourism, airline, cruise line, banks, event management, and other service sectors.
Major subjects it covers are:
- General management
- Human resources
Other optional subjects it covers are :
- Finance and economics
- Business and society
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
- Consumer trends
- Supply chain management
- International business
BBA eligibility and requirements:
As BBA is an undergraduate-level course so the very first eligibility for pursuing BBA is you must have your high school degree.
The very next eligibility is your score percentage in your previous class and this can vary from university to the university.
Now, since it is a professional degree so you must clear the entrance exams before entering into a course like SAT or ACT exam. These exams vary depending on the country and the university you study in.
If you are planning to study abroad then you need to clear your entrance exam along with the English proficiency tests like IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE scores for securing admission in any foreign university and this condition also varies depending on the institution you are applying to.
Top countries and universities for studying BBA
Bba degrees are offered by the top universities all across the world and all universities their different eligibility criteria and tuition fees
Some of the top countries you should consider applying for:
- BBAs in the USA
- BBAs in Switzerland
- BBAs in Canada
- BBAs in Thailand
- BBAs in Italy
- BBAs in the UK
- BBAs in France
- BBAs in japan
- BBAs in china
- BBAs in Malaysia.
Top Universities in the world offering BBA:
- University of Toronto- Canada
- university of Greenwich- UK
- University of York- Canada
- University of Regina- Canada
- Free university of berlin – Germany
- California state university Los Angeles campus- USA
- Coventry University- UK
- National University of Singapore- Singapore
- Simon Fraser university- Canada
- Texas A &M University – USA