To encourage the talent and skills of enthusiastic aspirants, The Wege Prize is inviting international students from all around the globe. This is an annual competition organized by Kendall College of Art and Design to collaborate across institutional, disciplinary, and cultural boundaries to redesign the way economies work.
For Wege Prize 2020 candidates will be revisiting the tricky problem about: How can we create a circular economy? Candidates will participate with more than $ 30,000 (USD) in total cash prizes. This competition will help to show the world what the future of problem-solving looks like.
To participate in this program, aspirants must:
- All teams must consider the economics and viability of their solution within natural, social, and financial systems.
- Student of undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral level are eligible to compete.
- The student must attend a college, university, or accredited institution of higher education.
- Candidate must be enrolled in full-time bachelors or masters program for the duration of the competition.
- Represent at least three (3) different academic disciplines*
- Represent at least two (2) various institutions of higher education, such as colleges, universities, or separate colleges/schools within a larger university.
- The team must meet the individual and team participation requirements.
- Go through the Wege Prize 2020 Design Brief.
- Compose your Team Application (500-1000 words) – REQUIRED TO APPLY
- Compose your Research Plan (500-1000 words) – REQUIRED TO APPLY
The winning teams will divide the following awards equally among their five members:
- First Place: $15,000 (USD)
- Second Place: $10,000 (USD)
- Third Place: $5,000 (USD)
- Entries must be submitted by 10 November 2019