How are you going to change your world? With a master’s degree program increase your thinking ability at the next level. Hence, you are invited to apply the VU Fellowship Program (VUFP) administered by Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. The funds are open for the year 2020-2021.
The VU Fellowship Programme (VUFP) is a merit award programme for strongly motivated and talented prospective international students who want to pursue a master’s degree at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. The grants cover the full tuition fee waiver.
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Established in 1880, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU) is an open and internationally renowned research university, strongly linked to people and society. VU ranked among the top 150 universities in the world. It creates a supportive community approach to study, and its campus is a focal point for free academic activities.
The applicant must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must be an international student except for Dutch nationality.
- Applicants must prove academic excellence with a GPA of at least 80% of the highest possible mark.
- Applicants must be applying for the first year of a full-time English-taught Master’s program at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
- The grants will only be extended for the second year of the two-year Master’s programme if 100% of the credits of the first year have been achieved.
Acceptable Course and Subjects
The scholarships are open for studying Master’s degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why Study at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam?
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is an international community that works together with knowledge partners, civil society and business. It provides a welcoming and lively meeting place where students, teachers, researchers and the business community come together. VU offers 25 Bachelor’s, 150 English-taught Masters and PhD degree program in various field of Business Analytics, Computer Science, Liberal Arts and Sciences, Politics and Economics.
Benefits of the Programs
Each winning candidate will get a tuition fee waiver to support their abroad education at VU in the Netherlands.
How to Apply for the Scholarship?
For applying to theses studentships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
For taking advantage of the studentship, the candidate must be required to register in a Master’s degree program via Studielink at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. Please apply before the closing date because the admission and the scholarship closing date is the same.
Step 2: Apply for a Scholarship
After being enlisted this program, students must submit VUFP application form through VUnet Portal.
Step 3: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Curriculum Vitae (recommend the use of the Europass format)
- One 0r two letters of recommendation
- Proof of excellence/transcript, GPA and grading scale
- Letter of motivation (around 500 words)
- A description of the relevant courses followed and literature used during your previous higher education
- Nuffic Certificate (only for Chinese students)
- Applicants must check the entire entry requirement at the time of admission.
- Applicants must hold Bachelor degree or certificate for Postgraduate degree program.
- Applicants must need to compete in use or hold a certificate of English language proficiency.
If you are a non-EU resident, you must apply for a long-stay entry visa (MVV) and a residency permit (VVR) to study at VU Amsterdam. We recommend you to contact the immigration officer to discuss your options if these relate to you.
In the case that you possess a valid residence permit for educational purposes in another EU Schengen country, you are also excluded from an entry visa and likely from a Dutch residence permit.
Application Deadline: Closed
Contact Address: +31 20 59 89898 or international[at]vu.nl
University Location: VU Amsterdam Main building, De Boelelaan 1105, 1081 HV, Amsterdam, The Netherlands