Are you a highly talented international student in the exploration of scholarships to study in the Netherlands? Well, you have a great opportunity to study at your desire place. The Utrecht Excellence Scholarship offers several outstanding prospective students the opportunity to pursue a Master’s degree in a selected number of fields at Utrecht University.
The Utrecht Excellence scholarship can be awarded as tuition fees OR tuition fees plus 11.000 euro living expenses. The scholarship is awarded for the duration of the degree program, which is one or two years, depending on the degree program.
The Utrecht University
Established in 1636, Utrecht University is a public university in Utrecht. It offers inspiring education and leading research of international quality. Various disciplines collaborate on major societal themes. It offers undergraduate and postgraduate and Ph.D. programs in various courses. The university is ranked the best university in the Netherlands by the Shanghai Ranking of World Universities 2019.
To be eligible to apply for this Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant has belonged to the top 10% of your graduating class.
- The applicant has completed his secondary school and/or Bachelor degree outside the Netherlands.
- The applicant have applied for an international master’s programme with a start date of 1 September, 2021.
- The Applicant must meet the general English language test requirement.
- The applicant must not hold an EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are open for studying master’s degree program in the following fields:
- Liberal Arts
- Basic Science
- Business Administration, MBA
- Chemical Engineering
Why study at Utrecht University?
The University of Utrecht and the City of Utrecht give a fantastic place for students to study and live. Utrecht has a lively student culture with a variety of extracurricular events to participate in, as well as a number of various student groups, the SGS International Committee of the Faculty and a wide range of sports and cultural facilities. It provided 118 nationalities, working closely together and studying closely, that students learn from the outset to operate in an international environment that is essential for scientists and scholars in this increasingly globalised world.
Benefits of the Program
- The scholarship provides 20-25 scholarships in the academic year 2020-2021.
- The scholarship grants can be awarded as tuition fees OR tuition fees plus 11.000 euro living expenses.
- The scholarship grants are awarded for the duration of the degree programme, which is one or two years, depending on the degree programme.
How to Apply for the Scholarship?
For applying to these scholarships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step1: Apply for Admission
Utrecht University accepts applications from students all around the world. The application process for domestic and international students is similar. However, international applicants are required to fulfill additional requirements to be eligible for admission.
Step2: Apply for the Scholarship
After submitting an application for a Master’s programme, non-EU/EEA students would be eligible to submit an application for an Utrecht Excellence Scholarship.
Step3: Submit Required Documents
- Proof of English Language Proficiency.
- A copy of the bachelor’s degree certificate.
- Contact information of references.
- Proof of Dutch language proficiency (depending on the medium of instruction for the program opted)
- Students must have a Dutch VWO diploma or an equivalent degree such as International Baccalaureate.
- Curriculum vitae (CV).
- Letter of motivation.
- Copy of valid International passport.
- Completed application for admission.
- Academic transcripts
- Copy of diploma programs or other additional qualifications apart from a bachelor’s degree.
- Motivation letter (should include your preferred specialization)
- Student visa
- Proof of Funding
- If applying for a scholarship to study in Netherlands, you must have the related documents and proof of approval.
- English language proficiency
Students will receive an admissions decision directly from Utrecht University via email.Once the admission offer is accepted, the University’s Visa Office will contact the student to complete further formalities.
Application deadline: 31 January 2021
Contact Address: +31 30 253 3550
University Location: Heidelberglaan 8, 3584 CS Utrecht, Netherlands