The University of Uppsala is giving Uppsala University scholarships for prospective students to study in Sweden. A variety of scholarships are available each year for international students who are applying for a bachelor’s or master’s degree program for the session 2021-2022.
The funds are available for all citizens from non-EU/EEA countries who want to enroll in the master’s and bachelor’s degree program at Uppsala University. The scholarships will cover the full cost of tuition fees for studies at Uppsala University.
Uppsala University is known as a research university situated in Uppsala, Sweden. Founded in 1477, it is the oldest university in Sweden, and all of the Nordic countries still in operation. The university has ranked amongst the world’s 100 best universities in several high-profile international rankings in recent years. It uses “Gratiae veritas naturae” as its motto and embraces natural sciences.
The applicant must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- The candidate must be an American citizen/ citizen of one of the following countries: Afghanistan, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of the Congo, India, Iraq, Libya, Mali, Mexico, Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan, Syria, and Yemen/ citizen of a country outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland/ citizen of the People’s Republic of China/resident of the Special Administrative Region of Hong Kong/The candidate must be a citizen of a country outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland.
- The Candidate must demonstrate academic talent and show interest in being in an educational environment.
- The Candidate can only be awarded an Uppsala University Global Scholarship for a Master’s program at Uppsala University chosen as first priority (the program which you have ranked the highest of the four programs you can choose at University Admissions).
- The Candidate must have applied for the Master’s program before the University Admissions deadline.
- The Candidate must meet the entry requirements for the Master’s program you applied for. The application fee and your complete supporting documents must be received by University Admissions before the deadline
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are open for studying master’s program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why Study at the University?
Uppsala University is globally listed as one of the top 100 universities in the world. For more than 500 years, it has delivered technical and pedagogical education, implemented the highest academic quality, and performed research that makes a significant difference. The University of Uppsala will provide you with the effective tools you need to perform cutting-edge analysis. You can move seamlessly between stunning natural scenery, bustling shopping avenues, interesting views, thrilling cultural gems, and enjoyable activities.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The scholarships will cover the full cost of tuition fees for studies at Uppsala University
- The recipients will get full support in covering their high-cost educational expenses and achieve their degree with ease.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to theses studentships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Depending on whether you’re going to study at the Master’s level, Bachelor’s level, or whether you’re heading to the Uppsala University as an exchange student, various guidelines exist for admissions, accommodation, and the funding of your studies.
Step 2: Apply for scholarship
To apply for our scholarships, you need to submit an online application form during our scholarship application period.
Step 3: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Applicants must meet the general country/study curriculum entry requirement.
- You must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum in which you studied.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree certificate.
You need a residency permit if you come from a country outside the EU / EEA, and you are planning to study for more than three months. You have the right to live in Sweden as an EU / EEA citizen and can study without a residency permit. The request must be sent directly to the Migration Agency of Sweden.
Application deadline: 1 February 2021
Contact address: +46 18 471 00 00 / firstname.lastname@example.org
University location: 752 36 Uppsala, Sweden