As a public research university, the University of Vermont has the fifth institution of higher education which ranks it 28th in the “Public Colleges” category and 64th among “Research Universities.” Vermont is a Public Ivy and top 100 research university of a perfect size, large enough to offer a breadth of ideas, resources, and opportunities.
The university offers 45 areas of study in the humanities, fine arts, social sciences, mathematics, natural sciences, and physical sciences. It also offers a breadth of ideas, resources, and opportunities. While studying at this university, candidates can get student mentorship across all levels of study, from bachelors to M.D. programs.
Acceptance Rate -With 67% University of Vermont acceptance rate, Vermont enrolls approximately 100 medical students in each class; there are approximately 400 medical students in total. It has 1,685 full and part-time faculty and 90% of full-time, non-medical faculty hold a Ph.D. or the highest degree in their field.
Table of Contents
What GPA do you need to get into Vermont?
- The average GPA in Vermont is 3.66
- The University of Vermont requires you to be above average in your high school class.
- This will show that you’re able to handle more difficult academics than the average high school student.
Vermont SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
What is a good SAT, ACT and English score for Vermont University
- The average SAT score composite at University of Vermont is a 1259
- The average ACT score at University of Vermont is 28
- This score makes University of Vermont Moderately Competitive for ACT scores.
- The English offer instruction in a wide range of literary and cultural studies, as well as creative writing and rhetoric and composition.
How much does it Tuition /Financial aid Vermont University?
Undergraduate Tuition and Fees 2019-2020 Academic Year Costs
|Vermont Resident||Out of state Resident|
|Average Housing & Meals — View all Housing & Meal Rates||$12,946||$12,946|
|Estimated Billable Costs||$31,748||$56,636|
|Estimated Books & Supplies||$1,200||$1,200|
|Estimated Personal/Misc. Expenses||$2,272||$2,632|
|Total Cost of Attendance||$35,220||$60,468|
What is University of Vermont best known for?
- There’s a lot to explore in UVM’s academic ecosystem. With over 100 majors and almost 100 more opportunities for advanced degrees, our fields of study are broad and the intellectual pools are deep.
- The University of Vermont is committed to providing students with a variety of research opportunities with world-class faculty to expand your knowledge base and push the boundaries of science and research.
What Course/Subject- Major in University of Vermont known for?
- The University of Vermont comprises seven undergraduate schools, an honors college, a graduate college, and a college of medicine. You can find more information at the university page.
- At UVM, you can start working toward a master’s degree as an undergraduate.
- Our Accelerated Master’s Programs ranging from Public Health to Complex Systems and Data Science can help save time and money on your path to an advanced degree.
- The AMP allows early admission to graduate studies with up to 6 concurrent credits double-counted toward the bachelor’s and master’s degrees, effectively a 6 credit scholarship for the graduate program.
- Earning your Ph.D. with us allows you the opportunity to pursue your passion! Interdisciplinary programs are available in various subjects. You can find more information at the university page.
University of Vermont a public or private school?
- The University of Vermont is a public institution that was founded in 1791.
- The University of Vermont is ranked #96 in National Universities. Schools are ranked according to their performance across a set of widely accepted indicators of excellence.
- The University of Vermont believes in the transforming power of education and agrees to help create and foster an environment where we can discover and reach our true potential.
- Students’ educational experience and activities are enriched by our location — from the energy and innovation of Burlington to the forests, farms, and independent spirit of Vermont
- UVM provides students endless ways to explore the world, challenge ideas, and dig in on the most pressing issues of our time.
- The mission of the University of Vermont is rooted in the land-grant university tradition of creating and discovering knowledge in service to the public good.