Looking for an education award to pay for your education? Here is an admirable opportunity to study in Canada for you. The University of Toronto is accepting applications for the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program.
The purpose of the scholarship program is to support exceptional international students who show outstanding academic achievement and creativity and who are regarded as leaders within their school. The grants are open for the year 2020-2021.
Table of Contents
University of Toronto
The University of Toronto is the world’s top leading research-intensive universities, ranks 11th among universities around the world. The university provides more than 700 undergraduate and 200 graduate programs. It offers access to education for those who wish to learn basics and develop their skills.
The applicant must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- The claimant must have an original and creative thinker committed to school and community.
- Applicants must be a high achiever in academic and creative pursuits.
- Candidates must be enthusiastic about learning and intellectual exploration.
- Applicants must have demonstrated strong leadership skills.
- Aspirants must currently, in their final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2019
- Candidate must be intending to begin university in the upcoming academic year.
Acceptable Course and Subjects
The scholarships are open to study an undergraduate degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why Study at the University of Toronto?
The University of Toronto is a world-renowned university where knowledge meets success, tradition meets the future, and ambition meets motivation. At the university, excellent students become extraordinary people, striving to grow their brains, bodies, and spirits.
Benefits of the Programs
37 Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships will be awarded as follows:
- Tuition fee
- Books cost
- Incidental fee
- Full residence support
- The scholarship will be awarded to four years of study.
There are approximately 37 Lester B. Pearson Scholars at the University of Toronto will be chosen annually.
How to Apply for the Scholarship?
For applying to theses studentships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
For applying to this studentship, you are required to take admission in the undergraduate degree coursework at the University of Toronto. You must complete the application for admission by before the closing deadlines. Once the university has received a nomination and you’ve applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Receive a nomination letter from the school
- Firstly, a candidate must check the entire entry requirement at the time of admission.
- Applicants must hold previous studies for an undergraduate degree.
- Applicants must show proof of English Language skills.
As an international student, you would require special permits and visas to study in Canada. You will do this at the closest Canadian Embassy, Consulate or High Commission. You can apply for your visa as soon as you get an Acceptance Offer from the University of Toronto and plan to consider it.
Application Deadline: Closed
Contact Address: admissions.sgs[at]utoronto.ca or +1 416-978-2190
University Location: the University of Toronto, 27 King’s College Circle, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A1 Canada