Applicants are cordially invited by the University of Surrey to apply for its International Masters Scholarship. These funds are designed for international students willing to pursue higher education in the UK. Applicants entering the university for a masters degree will be eligible for the grant.
The University of Surrey created these awards to support high-achieving students from within seven countries mentioned below. The award amount will assist students in paying for their studies related expenses required to accomplish their degrees.
University of Surrey
The University of Surrey is known as a public research university in Guildford, England. The university received its royal charter in 1966 and several other institutions following recommendations in the Robbins Report. Among British universities, the University had the 14th highest average UCAS Tariff for new entrants in 2015. Surrey has been awarded three Queen’s Anniversary Prizes for its research, with the 2014 Research Excellence Framework ranking 78% of the university’s research outputs as “world-leading” or “internationally excellent”.
The fellows must go through the mentioned eligibility criteria to be eligible for the scholarship:
- The applicant must be an international student.
- Open to new masters students coming to Surrey in 2021 from seven different countries. The countries are named as follows:
- India, Thailand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Turkey, Vietnam, Ghana
- All candidates holding a Surrey offer to study a full-time masters programme in 2021 (except the Surrey MBA).
- Must hold an offer for a full-time masters programme (except MBA).
- Must meet all the conditions of your offer.
- Must be an overseas fee-paying student (this scholarship is not available for students eligible for UK fees).
- Must be self-funded (students must be paying for their studies independently rather than being sponsored or in receipt of another scholarship. Students may, however, also receive the Surrey alumni discount).
- Must be registering on the first year of a full-time Masters programme with a September/October 2021 or a February 2022 start date.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The grants are available for studying master’s degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at the University of Surrey?
Studying at Surrey will give students the tools and opportunities needed to thrive in their future career. They are proud to have a superb record for graduate employability. Ninety-three per cent of their 2017 graduates were in work or further education six months after they graduated, as revealed by the Higher Education Statistics Agency.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- Scholarship awards of £2,500 are available to all candidates holding a offer to study a full-time masters programme in 2021 but except the Surrey MBA.
- All offer holders will be awarded a tuition fee discount of £2,500 on the first-year fees.
- For program of more than one year, the fund is payable for the first year of study only.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
To applying for the scholarships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
There will be no need of any formal application for this scholarship. All applicants with offer will be considered against the stated criteria and, if successful, the fund will be paid in the form of a tuition fee discount.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Fellows must meet the general country or study curriculum entry requirement.
- Fellow must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- The minimum standard in English and mathematics
- Typical entry requirements range from AAA-CCC at A-Level, 30-34 points in the International Baccalaureate, or 65-85% from an approved International Foundation Year
To enroll at the University of Surrey, most international students will require a visa. If you need a Student visa, applicants must pass a points-based assessment and score 70 points when making a visa application: 50 points for a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from the University of Surrey. Ten points for meeting the financial requirements. Ten issues of meeting the English language requirements.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2021
Contact address: +44 (0)1483 300800
University location: Stag Hill, University Campus, Guildford GU2 7XH, United Kingdom