Applications for Postgraduate Merit Scholarship are currently open for the international master’s students to help them bear their educational expenses. They will also get a chance to start their bright future through this program for the session 2021-2022.
The program is meant for students who need financial support to pay for their educational funds and quality education. The provided grant will be sufficient to cover some amount of your tuition cost for the postgraduate course.
The University of Southampton
The University of Southampton is known as a research university located in Southampton, England. There are currently 15,790 undergraduate and 6,925 postgraduate students at the University of Southampton. The university is considered to be research-intensive and is the only engineering faculty in the United Kingdom to achieve the highest ranking in the new Research Excellence System in all disciplines.
The students must meet up the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- The candidate must have the confirmation letter of the admission
- The candidate must choose the eligible courses only
- Meet all the requirements on time
- Deposit any required deposit if asked
- The candidate must be an Independent student (Students do not accept a full or partial scholarship from another source or be funded by a Foreign Funding Partner of the University).
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are available to studying a postgraduate degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at the University of Southampton?
Southampton University offers an excellent education with plenty of highly respected creative courses and industry-focused degrees to direct students to chosen professions. Southampton has a well-established creative culture with plenty of craft activities, underground music, and interesting things to do. Southampton is also generally considered to be one of the UK’s best engineering universities.
Benefits of the Program
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- International Postgraduate Student Scholarship: A maximum of £ 9,000 will be paid, which will be deducted from the candidate’s tuition fees.
- The scholarship will be awarded to the postgraduate students based on academic merit.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to the scholarships, applicants are needed to follow the below steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
The student will apply for the administration in a selective program. He/she will automatically get a chance to avail themselves the benefits of the scholarship if he/she fulfil the eligibility criteria.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- Each term’s transcript of Bachelor’s degrees will be attached.
- A scanned copy of the Passport will be required to attach in documents.
- Evidence of sufficient funding needs to be attached.
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) statement is needed.
- Evidence of the certificate will be required for English language competence (TOEFL or IELTS)
- Proof of participation in the curriculum and an appreciation of the stringent criteria of your last degree.
- The certificate will be required for English language competence (TOEFL or IELTS)
- Scanned copy of the Passport
- Proper documents of the last education.
Depending on your nationality policy, you might need an Entry Visa and Residence Permit, issued by The Ministry of the UK. The candidate must apply for the visa by himself. The student will get the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) certificate from the University, which will help them apply for a Visa. After getting approval for a visa, the student has to pay his remaining fee.
Applicants from outside the EEA/Switzerland who plan to study in the United Kingdom for a full-time course of more than six months will need to apply for a student visa to study at a university. Before that, they must apply for the ATAS(Academic Technology Approval Scheme) clearance. Medical examination documents are to required and considered valid for four months.
Application Deadline: Open
Contact address: +44(0)23 8059 5000
University location: University of Southampton, University Road Southampton, SO171BJ, United Kingdom