The University of Otago is seeking academic excellence and high-achieving candidates for applying for Otago International Excellence Scholarships. The funding programs are available for the academic year 2020-2021.
These merit-based scholarships support those students best placed to make a positive impact on society in their future career. International students who commence their coursework master’s degree or postgraduate diploma program at Otago University are eligible for this excellence studentship.
University of Otago
The University of Otago, founded in 1869, is New Zealand‘s first university. The university provides over 200 undergraduate and postgraduate courses such as Arts, Sciences, Health Sciences and Business in four academic divisions. It was ranked first In the Clinical Medicine, Biological Research, Law, English Literature and Language, History and Earth Science categories.
The applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The Applicants must be an international student except for New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
- Applicants must be Intending to commence full-time study in that program in 2021.
- Applicants must be enrolled in online, on-campus or by distance program at the University of Otago.
- Applicants must have an Offer of Place for full-time study in an eligible postgraduate program.
- International students who completed or pursuing an undergraduate degree are eligible for the scholarship.
Acceptable Course and Subjects
The scholarships are open for studying coursework master’s degree or postgraduate diploma program in the following fields:
Why Study at the University of Otago?
The University of Otago is rated in the top 1 per cent of universities in the world and has the best possible rating of 5 Stars Plus. It engages in the innovation, vision and creation of world-class teaching and learning laboratories, performance halls, lecture theatres, study areas, sporting and recreational facilities for students in New Zealand.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The scholarship will provide NZ$10,000 to the deserving candidate.
- The grants will be paid towards the tuition fee waiver.
- Each winning candidate will get the scholarship for one year of study only.
How to Apply for the Scholarship?
For applying to these studentships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Before applying for this studentship, Interested Candidates must be required to take admission in the Master’s degree and postgraduate diploma program at the University of Otago. After accepting the offer, seekers will be automatically considered for this studentship.
Step 3: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Start / Course Vitae
- Official survey results
- Applicants must meet the general entry requirement.
- Applicants must hold previous Bachelor degree for Postgraduate degree.
- Applicants must show evidence of English Language Proficiency.
Unless you’re a citizen of New Zealand or Australia or a permanent resident, you must have a valid student visa to study here. Your student visa will be forwarded to your place of study at the University of Otago.
Immigration New Zealand (INZ) urges you to apply early for your student visa – you should apply for the current scheme three or four months before you decide to study.
Application deadline: December 10, 2020
Contact address: 0800808098 or university[at]otago.ac.nz
University location: University of Otago, PO Box 56, Dunedin 9054, New Zealand