The University of Leicester is accepting applications for its enormous ‘Citizens of Change 100’ scholarships. The awards are organized for domestic and international students who will be entering the university for any undergraduate degree program.
The University of Leicester distributes these awards to support its students who have high academic records but are in need of financial assistance. The grants amount will help out students in paying for their tuition fees for any of the course they have admitted.
University of Leicester
The University of Leicester is known as a public research university based in Leicester, England. The university received media attention for the discovery of genetic fingerprinting and contributing to the discovery and identification of the remains of King Richard III. The university’s academic schools and departments are organised into colleges. In August 2015, the colleges were further restructured by merging Social Sciences and Arts, Humanities and Law.
To be considered for the grant, the candidate shall satisfy the following requirements:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Open to any student who holds an offer to study at the University of Leicester on a full time campus-based undergraduate course starting in September 2021.
- Successful aspirants will need to have made Leicester their firm choice and have met their offer conditions.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are available for pursuing an undergraduate degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at Leicester University?
At Leicester, they offers hundreds of study possibilities no matter where in the world you choose to pursue your dreams. You must make your mark with a degree that excites you, challenges you, and prepares you for career success. Some of Leicester’s best-known achievements include the invention of genetic fingerprinting and, more recently, discovering the remains of Richard III in a Leicester car park. Leicester is the only UK University to win Times Higher Education (THE) awards for seven consecutive years.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The university will distribute Fifty scholarships for UK and EU students – £7,500 i.e. £2,500 per year for the first three years of students’ course.
- Another Fifty scholarships for international students – 50% off your first-year tuition fees.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
Applicants must follow the given steps in order to qualify for these scholarships:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Eligible and interested candidates are firstly required to apply for admission at the university for any undergraduate degree program. Students can then apply for the scholarship program according to the given guidelines below.
Step 2: Apply for a scholarship
Students must submit your video file or video URL by email to [email protected] along with your UCAS Personal ID. If creating your video on TikTok or Instagram, please tag @uniofleicester and #OursToChange – but be sure to email us with your video URL and student ID to ensure entry.
Step 3: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Must create a short video (60 seconds maximum) that answers the question: “What do you want to change?”. The video must be in portrait orientation – they suggest making use of TikTok or Instagram Reels.
- Aspirant must meet the general country or study curriculum entry requirement.
- Students must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country or curriculum you studied.
- For many courses at the University, students will need 80% overall or higher, along with higher individual marks of 85% in relevant subjects. If you are studying A-levels or the International Baccalaureate (IB), you can begin from the first year of a bachelor’s degree.
UK Visas & Immigration has granted the University of Leicester permission to support foreign students under Tier 4 of the Points Based System, and it is listed as a Tier 4 sponsor. Also if their path is less than six months, citizens of certain countries will need a visa. Most foreign students who want to stay in the UK for more than six months will need to apply for a visa and have documentation of study to enter the UK as a student.
Application Deadline: 25 May 2021
Contact address: +44 116 252 2522
University location: University Rd, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom