Applications are currently open for the EU Transition Scholarship offered by the University of Derby for the academic year 2021-2022. The scholarship awards are made available for students entering the campus for any undergraduate or postgraduate degree program.
The University of Derby is currently accepting applications for three different scholarships with separate awards for which students do not need to apply separately. The recipients will get enough amount to pay for their high-cost studies material.
University of Derby
The University of Derby is known as a public university in the city of Derby, England. The university offers over 300 study programmes at the undergraduate level. Undergraduate programmes and short courses, foundation degrees, and postgraduate degrees cover most academic disciplines and sub-disciplines. Currently, the university is home to over 34,000 students in all areas of study.
The applicant must meet up with the below criteria to apply for the grant:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- For EU Transition Scholarship- open to undergraduate and postgraduate taught students from the EU, starting their course in September 2021 or January 2022
- For International Merit Scholarship- open to international students from the following countries who have demonstrated high achievement:
- South-East Asia (Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore)
- China (including Hong Kong)
- South Asia (India, Pakistan)
- Africa (Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, Zimbabwe)
- Europe (Norway, Switzerland)
- Postgraduate Scholarships are not available for students studying with the University of Derby Online Learning; this is only available to students studying on-campus.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are available for pursuing an undergraduate or postgraduate degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at the University of Derby?
The University’s focus on employability, state-of-the-art facilities, expert teaching and vibrant city are just some of the benefits of choosing to study at the University of Derby. Wherever student come from, wherever they are heading, they have got the facilities, know-how and commitment to take you there.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The recipient will receive a £4,500 contribution to their tuition fees at the start of each year, up to a maximum of three years.
- The funds will be helpful for students to overcome their hurdles and pay for the educational expenses.
- International Merit Scholarship include a £1,500 scholarship to a limited number of eligible undergraduate and postgraduate overseas students who have demonstrated high achievement
- £2,000 scholarship for all eligible overseas students studying a postgraduate taught programme (PGT).
How to Apply for the Scholarship
To considered for the scholarships, applicants are needed to follow the below steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Interested fellows are advised to apply for admission at the university for any undergraduate or postgraduate degree. The students accepted at the university will be automatically considered for the scholarship program.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Fellows must have country/study curriculum entry requirement.
- You must show English language skills and also meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- They would typically expect you to have a First or Upper-Second (2:1) honours degree – and preferably a masters degree – from a UK university for entry on to our PhD programmes. We also accept qualifications and relevant experience that we consider to be equivalent.
If students are studying a course at RFQ level 6 (Bachelors degree) or above, they need to be at level B2. This will be equivalent to a score of 5.5 on an IELTS test. For courses below RFQ level 6 (such as the International Foundation Programme or English for Academic Purposes), they will need to be at level B1.
Application Deadline: Open
Contact address: +44 1332 590500
University location: Kedleston Rd, Derby DE22 1GB, United Kingdom