For recognizing and supporting top-achieving international students, the University of Canterbury is providing International First-Year Scholarships to study in New Zealand. The program is open for the academic year 2020-2021.
Up to seven international scholarships are available for those brightest candidates who will commence in the undergraduate degree coursework at the University. The scholarships will provide financial support for your tuition fee.
University of Canterbury
The University of Canterbury is well known as New Zealand’s second-oldest University. It offers degrees in Arts, Commerce, Education (physical education), Engineering, Fine Arts, Forestry, Health Sciences, and Law. It is ranked as 146th in Arts & Humanities, 161st in Engineering & IT, 211th in Natural Sciences, and 94th in Social Sciences and Management.
- The applicant must be full-fee-paying international students.
- The candidate may not be citizens of New Zealand or Australia, Permanent Residents of Australia; or holders of New Zealand residence class visas.
- Applicants must be completing or completed on or after January 1 of the year before the application year through an international institution or UCIC (UCIC).
- The candidate must complete University entrance-level qualification that permits entry into a University of Canterbury undergraduate degree programme.
- Applicants must have obtained admission to the University by the closing date of the round in which they apply (April 15 or October 31).
Eligible Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are available for studying the undergraduate degree coursework in the following subject areas:
- Art & Design
- Arts & Social Sciences
- Built Environment
- Business School
Why Study at the University of Canterbury?
The University of Canterbury helps you to combine work in a career-related area with paid job experience. As part of this University, you can explore the top-class learning atmosphere, inspiring campuses and vibrant student life. The University offers many lucrative courses and services that help students reach their career goals.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarships will be awarded as follow:
- Seven scholarships are available annually.
- The scholarship provides financial assistance at a value of $15,000.
- The scholarship is paid to the recipient’s University tuition fees account at the time of enrolment in a programme.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to theses studentship, candidates are needed to follow this application procedure:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
For obtaining this education award, seekers are demanded to take admission in the undergraduate degree program at the University of Canterbury. To get started, you need to create a myUC account and complete a new application. Your application will contain personal information, academic history and the study you intend to do.
Step 2: Apply for the scholarship
After taking full-time enrollment at the University, you can apply for the studentship. Applications must be made online at the Scholarships website4 by the April 15 or October 31.
Step 3: Submit required documents
- High school degree certificate
- Transcripts of the current school
- Transcripts of the previous school (only if requested)
- Post-secondary transcript
- Official test scores
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- To ensure that you meet pre-requisite or co-requisite requirements, you are expected to review every individual course you plan on studying.
- You must be able to be using written and spoken English and to understand it.
- You can also check other entry requirements of the University.
If you are a national from overseas and come to study for more than three months in New Zealand, you’ll need a student visa. Before you travel to New Zealand, UC suggests that you receive a student visa with Immigration New Zealand.
You must enrol in a full-time course to apply for a student visa. You can not move to a part-time course until your visa has been accepted.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2020
Contact email or phone number: firstname.lastname@example.org or +64 3 369 3999
Postal address: Private Bag 4800 Christchurch 8140