Getting a good start to a career is important. Therefore, the University of Calgary allows you to start your career journey by applying to the President’s Admission Scholarships for the academic year 2020-2021.
The admission grants will provide an amount of $5,000 to those students admitted to an undergraduate degree program at the university directly from high school.
University of Calgary
The University of Calgary is Canada’s public research university, ranked 178th in the World and 7th in Canada. It provides 250 programmes in post-secondary education for the award of bachelor’s, masters and doctoral degrees. It has developed a wide variety of undergraduate and graduate programmes. It also has several residences on campus as a large proportion of undergraduate and graduate students.
The applicant must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidates are from all over the world.
- Applicants must be entering the first year of an undergraduate degree program in the fall term.
- Applicants must have an admission average of 95 percent, or higher are eligible to receive a President’s Admission Scholarship valued at $5,000 (non-renewable).
- Applicants must be selected based on high-school grades.
Acceptable Course and Subjects
The scholarships are open to studying an undergraduate degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why Study at the University?
The University of Calgary presents students with a unique learning environment that can make them pioneers in their careers. It trains out-of-class students for the future and helps them accomplish their goals. It gives students diverse directions for job growth and career advancement.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- Each deserving candidate will get the amount worth $5,000.
- The grants provide financial assistance to deserving students.
How to Apply for the Scholarship?
For applying to these studentships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Applicants must be demanded to take admission to an undergraduate degree program at the University of Calgary for receiving the educational fund. You are considered automatically for these scholarships based on their admission average to the University of Calgary.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Applicants must check all the entry requirements at the time of admission.
- If English is not your mother tongue, you must demonstrate proof of English Language Proficiency.
- Applicants must complete a high school diploma.
As an international student, you will require various permits and visas to study in Canada. It would help if you did that at the nearest Canadian embassy, consulate or high commission. When you receive your admission offer from the University of Calgary, you can apply for and agree to accept your permit.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2020
Contact Address:+1 403-220-5110 or access[at]ucalgary.ca
University Location: 2500 University Dr. NW, Calgary, AB T2N 1N4, Canada