All the students with exceptional musical, dramatic or sporting talent have an opportunity to apply for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship arranged by the University of Bristol. The program is created for freshmen students applying for an undergraduate degree at the university.
The scholarship program will be open for every student from all over the world. The funds will help students who are talented in their academics also. The amount will be great enough in covering up any of their educational expense.
University of Bristol
The University of Bristol is known as a red brick research university located in Bristol, England. It has also received its royal charter in 1909, although it can trace its roots to a Merchant Venturers’ school established in 1595 and University College, Bristol, which had been in existence since 1876. It had the 8th highest average entry qualification for undergraduates of any UK university in 2015, with fresh students averaging 485 UCAS points, equivalent to just above AAAaa in A-level grades.
The applicant must meet up with the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Must be intending to start their studies at the University of Bristol in the autumn of 2021
- Must be an International or Home (UK and EU) student.
- Must be applying for a full-time undergraduate course at the University.
- Must be able to demonstrate outstanding artistic, creative or sporting potential and talent.
- The scheme is open to UK, EU and international students.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are open to studying an undergraduate degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at the University of Bristol?
The University of Bristol is one of the top universities in the UK, and in the top 50 universities worldwide (QS World University Rankings 2016), but that’s not the only reason why Bristol is an excellent choice. The University provides a range of financial support to undergraduate students through bursaries, scholarships and awards, providing for EU and international students and those from the UK.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The scholarship will support new undergraduate students who have potential in drama, music or sport.
- Up to 20 awards are provided each year. The awards amount are up to £3,000 a year.
- Schhholarships are made on a competitive basis, with some minimum criteria. They are not means-tested.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to these scholarships, students are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Eligible candidates are asked to apply through UCAS for admission to any undergraduate course at the University of Bristol. Then students will be able to apply for any of the scholarship programs.
Step 2: Apply for a Scholarship
There will be two separate application forms, one for students with interest in music or drama and another for sport (which includes the application for the University’s Performance Squad). The students need to fill the complete online application form.
Step 3: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Applicants must meet the general country/study curriculum entry requirement.
- You must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- University Clinical Aptitude Test (UCAT) Students need to take the UCAT test (formerly UKCAT) if you apply for a medical or dental degree at Bristol.
- National Admissions Test for Law (LNAT) Student need to take the LNAT test if you are applying for a Law LLB course. They cannot offer you a place until you have taken the test unless the test is unavailable in your country of residence.
International students entering to the UK to study full-time must apply for a student visa. If you require a visa to study in the UK, you must have a valid Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) reference number to apply for your Tier 4 student visa.
Application Deadline: 1 March 2021
Contact address: +44 117 928 9000
University location: Bristol BS8 1TL, United Kingdom