The University of Birmingham is offering financial aids to new incoming freshmen students through its Undergraduate Outstanding Achievement Scholarship. The program is conducted for the international aspirants applying for an undergraduate degree at the university.
The interested students must be currently studying at a school or college within the UK to be applicable for the scholarship. The granted funds will support the recipients in covering up their tuition and other educational expenditure.
University of Birmingham
The University of Birmingham is a public research university located in Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom. The student population includes 22,940 undergraduate and 12,505 postgraduate students, the fourth largest in the UK (out of 169). The institution’s annual income for 2017–18 was £673.8 million of which £134.2 million was from research grants and contracts, with an expenditure of £663.2 million.
The applicant must meet up with the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Eligible students must be currently studying at a school or college within the UK to apply.
- Must have received an offer and selected at the University of Birmingham for a full-time undergraduate program starting September 2021. Candidates must be entering the first year of an undergraduate program based at Birmingham’s UK campus.
- Must meet the academic conditions of their offer to the scholarship.
- Must be studying at a School or College within the UK.
- The university must be classed as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
- Must have sufficient amount to cover the full cost of living at the university, and any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Start their studies at the university in September 2021 and the scholarship award cannot be deferred.
- Accept an offer from (i.e. gone ‘firm’ with) the University of Birmingham by 1 June 2021.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarship is available to studying an undergraduate degree program in the below fields:
- Physical Sciences
- Dental Sciences
- Social Sciences
Why study at the University of Birmingham?
The University of Birmingham is known as a leading, global top 100 university. The university is recognized in the top 1% of universities across the world. They are a member of the elite Russell Group of UK universities. Birmingham has one of the largest international student communities in the UK, with over 10,000 students from 150 countries.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The University of Birmingham is pleased to offer two scholarships of £2500 for EU or International students applying for entry to an undergraduate degree at the university starting September 2021
- The funds will help out the students in paying for their educational expenses related to their undergraduate degrees.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to the scholarships, applicants are needed to follow the below steps:
Step 1: Apply for Scholarship
Students interested in applying for the scholarship first have to apply for the admission at the university. Admitted students can then complete the mentioned application form and send it through email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Candidates must meet the general country/study curriculum entry requirement.
- Students must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- Three GCE A levels (including International A Levels) The International Baccalaureate Diploma. SQA Highers and Advanced Highers (many programmes will accept Highers without additional Advanced Highers) The Cambridge Pre-U (minimum three separate subjects)
Students planning to study for a full academic year or longer than 6 months in the UK, will need to apply for a Student Route visa in your home country before travelling. If you are staying for less than six months and plan to volunteer or work here, you will also need a Student Route visa.
Application Deadline: June 1, 2021
Contact address: +44 121 414 3344
University location: Birmingham, United Kingdom