To ensure every student attain higher education with ease, the University of Bayreuth is giving away students a chance to apply for its international scholarship program to study in Germany. These grants are organized for students entering university from all over the world.
The University of Bayreuth will be assisting its students throughout their educational journey at the campus. The program recipients will get sufficient financial support to overcome their economic hurdles and accomplish their degrees.
University of Bayreuth
The University of Bayreuth is a public research university in Bayreuth, Germany, that was established in 1975 as a campus university. It is divided into seven undergraduate and graduate faculties, with each faculty establishing its own admission requirements and academic programmes in a very autonomous manner. The university offers several interdisciplinary courses such as Global Change Ecology, Theatre and Media studies, and Health Economics.
To be considered for the scholarship, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- The candidate must be an international student & doctoral researchers
- The students must be entering the university for any degree program
- Unfortunately, the first-semester students will not be funded, i.e. applications will not be submitted until the 2nd semester of study for funding starting in the 3rd semester of study.
- Decisive for the evaluation of the application is above all academic achievements from the previous semester, e.g. in the case of applications for the summer semester, grades from the last semester summer; in the case of applications for the winter semester, steps from the previous winter semester (at least 20 credit points in total), a letter of recommendation from a university lecturer, and social engagement.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are open for studying any degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at the University of Bayreuth?
All students at the University of Bayreuth have the option of completing supplementary programmes in theatre education or teaching German as a foreign language. Specific modules can also be studied to help you achieve your personal and professional objectives. Students can choose modules from our bachelor’s and master’s degree programmes, take the final exam, and collect credits and a certificate.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The University of Bayreuth is offering limited funding from the State of Bavaria, and the DAAD is available for this purpose to deserving students entering the university.
- International students can also apply for a scholarship from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
How to Apply for the Scholarship
Candidates must follow the following steps in order to qualify for these scholarships:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Eligible candidates are asked to take admission at the university for any of the degree programs. The students accepted at the university will be automatically considered for the scholarships by just filling an online application form by the mentioned deadline.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Enrolment certificate
- Copies of your passport and residence permit
- Letter of recommendation from a university instructor at the University of Bayreuth
- An official Transcript of Records, which lists all credits received and the grade point average, as proof of courses taken at the University of Bayreuth.
- Must submit a letter of motivation
- A signed declaration of the obligation to repay funds in the event of an application for naturalization
- Aspirant must meet the general country or study curriculum entry requirement.
- Student must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- Must have a degree with an examination grade of 2.5 or better in the bachelor’s program. TOEFL: 88. IELTS: 6.5. Official Transcripts.
Students do not need a visa to study in Germany depending on your country of origin, but you may need to apply for a residency permit once you arrive in Germany if your studies will last longer than 90 days. A German visa for lessons can be given for a variety of study levels and degrees. Undergraduate, exchange, graduate, and postgraduate studies are also included.This also covers participation in a pre-academic measure or a non-academic German language course.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2021
Contact address: +49 (0)921 / 55-3497
University location: Universitätsstraße 30, 95447 Bayreuth, Germany