The University of the Arts London is accepting applications for its International Postgraduate Scholarship & Accommodation Award for students willing to study in the UK. The awards are open for overseas students with an offer to pursue a full-time taught master’s course at one of UAL’s 6 Colleges starting in 2021/22.
The University distributes these awards to assist talented and aspiring students searching for funds to accomplish their higher studies. The funds awarded to the recipients will get good help in covering up their educational expenses to complete their postgraduate degree.
University of the Arts London
The University of the Arts London is a collegiate university in London, England that focuses on the arts, architecture, fashion and performing arts. Camberwell College of Arts, London College of Fashion, Central Saint Martins, Chelsea College of Arts, London College of Communication, and Wimbledon College of Arts make up the federation. It was founded as a university in 2003 and took its present name in 2004.
To be accepted for the scholarship, the candidate shall satisfy the following requirements:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Students must be accepted into a full-time taught master’s programme at one of UAL’s six colleges in 2021/22.
- Students’ course must offer either a Grad Dip, M ARCH, MA, MFA, MRes or MSc qualification.
- Students cannot apply if they already hold a UK postgraduate taught qualification or one at an equivalent level from studies undertaken in the UK or abroad.
- Criteria 2: Aspirants must be ordinarily resident in one of the low-income countries detailed in their list of qualifying countries (see below).
- Must be an asylum seeker in the UK at the point at which you make your scholarship application.
- Criteria 3: Students annual household income must be £50,000 or less or the equivalent exchange value in a qualifying country’s currency at the point of application. For up-to-date currency conversion, visit Oanda Trade Currency Exchange.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are eligible for those seeking a degree in any of the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at UAL?
Alumni from UAL have gone on to reinvent and reimagine the creative industries all over the world. If you study with them, you’ll become a member of the UAL Alumni Association, a national network of over 200,000 artistic professionals. You’ll be able to attend meetings, exchange opportunities, network, and connect with others.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
• This grant pays tuition, room and board at one of UAL’s halls of residence, and can even help with living expenses. There are up to four £40,000 UAL International Postgraduate Scholarships available.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to these scholarships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Once you’ve been accepted to UAL, your candidate portal’s’my support’ profile will be revised to include eligibility forms for any scholarships you may be eligible for. If you apply for a scholarship, we will contact you by email after the deadline has passed to let you know if you have been admitted.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Must submit a personal statement as part of their scholarship application that responds to the given questions (maximum 350 words per question):
- Describe how receiving a postgraduate scholarship would make a difference to you.
- Tell us how you intend to use the qualification you will be gaining to support your plans.
- Describe how you would address challenges in your home country.
- Please tell us how you would uphold the values of social justice and environmental stewardship.
- Must provide evidencemsuch as a copy of your immigration documents, ID card or formal proof of your address must be included in your application.
- Applicants must meet the general country/study curriculum entry requirement.
- You must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- An IELTS score of 7.0 is required, with 6.0 in each part, or a comparable certification such as the TOEFL or the Cambridge Advanced test. The Language Center offers English language classes
UAL accepts students aged 16 and up who fulfil all financial and English language qualifications to study: A full-time degree or a course leading to a degree (e.g. BA, MA, PhD). A RQF level 7 or higher part-time postgraduate course (e.g. MA or Postgraduate Diploma). If you are qualified, you should apply from a country where you are lawfully resident (for example, your home country) or from the United Kingdom.
Application Deadline: Friday 18 June 2021
Contact address: +44 20 7514 6000
University location: 272 High Holborn, Holborn, London WC1V 7EY, United Kingdom