The University of Toronto is ecstatically offering several scholarships for both international and domestic students. There are several scholarships program with different eligibility criteria to help applicants acquire higher education in Canada.
The university will be awarding great amounts to highly talented students to cover their degrees at the university. The funds can be used to pay for any tuition, fees and living expenses.
University of Toronto
The University of Toronto is known as a public research university in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, which surrounds Queen’s Park. The University of Toronto is also known for having a high enrolment of international students. In 2016–17, 19.7% of students were international. The University plans to grow its international enrolment to 20.1% by 2021–22. In 2017, the University of Toronto had more international students enrolled than all other Canadian post-secondary institutions.
The applicant must meet up with the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The candidate must be an international or domestic student.
- Must demonstrate financial need;
- Must demonstrate Academic Excellence;
- Leadership skills demonstrated through extra-curricular and community involvement.
- The Iranian Student Memorial Scholarship provides needs-based award(s) to international students from Iran
(admitted to the U of T) or current U of T students, from any background, studying Iranian studies
- For Donald Foster Award students must be studying their first undergraduate degree, on a full- or part-time basis;
- Must demonstrate a contribution to student governance and student activities at the University of Toronto;
- Must have maintained a cumulative average of at least “B”
- Other eligibility requirements can be found on the main page according to your interest
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are open to studying any degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at the University of Toronto?
The University of Toronto is well known for it’s high levelled academics. When you began narrowing down your choice, it was a big deal for you to be attending a school with high regard for academics. Especially if you are coming straight from high school, you have to pick a university more seriously. You are coming from having school fees covered for you most likely, to paying for your education.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The university offers enormous scholarships for both international and domestic students to help them accomplish their education.
- Ontario Remembrance Scholarship includes an amount of $10,000
- Eligible and interested students can find out more about the award amount on the main website page.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to these scholarships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for the Scholarship
The university is offering several scholarships program with different eligibility criteria. Candidates can apply for directly to the scholarship by visiting the main website page and then apply online according to their interest.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Candidates must meet the general country or study curriculum entry requirement.
- Students must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- An appropriate master’s degree or equivalent, with an average of at least B+ or, demonstrated comparable research competence.
- Some departments admit directly to the doctoral program from a bachelor’s degree for highly qualified candidates (minimum average A- required).
As an international student, you need to have specific permits and visas to study in Canada. You should also check to see if your home country will require any further documentation. All U of T Scarborough students need to have legal status in Canada, and you will need to present your status documents to get your student card. If it is your first time applying for a study permit, you can do it at the nearest Canadian Embassy, Consulate or High Commission.
Application Deadline: Varies
Contact address: +1 (416) 287-7529/ Email: [email protected]
University location: 27 King’s College Cir, Toronto, ON M5S, Canada