The University of Salford is assisting students who are willing to study in the UK through its International Excellence Scholarships. The scholarships are available for students starting their undergraduate degree program at the university for 2021-2022.
The University will be distributing these scholarship awards to students with the high academic record. These funds can be utilized by the students to overcome their financial barriers and accomplish their higher education.
The University of Salford
The University of Salford is known as a public university in Salford, Greater Manchester, England, west of Manchester city centre. The university embarked on a £150 million investment programme in 2004 to deliver new buildings and carry out major refurbishment projects. In the 2018 Guardian University League Tables, the University of Salford placed 99th, down from 83rd in 2017. The Times newspaper ranked Salford 105th out of 123 UK institutions in 2015, from 84th of 114 in 2010.
The aspirants must meet up with the mentioned eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Must be from a region where no specific scholarships are available.
- Must have an offer to study an undergraduate (bachelor’s) programme and also have gained advanced entry, so will begin your studies in year two or three, rather than year one.
- Your talents complement our Industry Collaboration Zone strategy, which brings us together with industry to work on global challenges.
- Must have professional experience gained through work, extra-curricular activities, or their own creative or entrepreneurial projects.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarship is available for studying an undergraduate degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at the University of Salford?
The University of Salford is at the heart of 21st-century creativity and learning. The university comprises four schools: the School of Arts and Media; the School of Science, Engineering and the Environment; the School of Health and Society; and Salford Business School.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The university will provide successful applicants with an award of up to £5,000.
- The recipients of the program will be able to utilize the amount for any of their educational purposes.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to the scholarships, aspirants are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
The applicants who are willing to apply for the scholarship can submit their information through an online application form to get considered. The students also need to apply for the admission at the university to get applicable.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Must submit an essay describing how your previous experiences and achievements will help you achieve success here.
- Describe how your programme of study will enable you to develop a greater understanding of your subject and how that can positively contribute to your home country.
- Fellows must meet the general country or study curriculum entry requirement.
- Fellows must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country or curriculum you studied.
- For undergraduate courses, we require IELTS 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each component) or equivalent
- For postgraduate courses, we require IELTS 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each component) or equivalent
- For the International Foundation Year, we require IELTS 4.5 (with a minimum of 4.0 in each component) in UKVI IELTS for UKVI (Academic)
The international student who are already registered at the university and are applying for their Tier 4 visa from in the UK, students can use the ‘Check and send’ scheme. This scheme ensures students Tier 4 visa application and supporting documents are correct before being submitted to UKVI. The visa application fee and IHS surcharges for the UKVI do not change, but there is no university fee to use the scheme.
Application Deadline: March 26, 2021
Contact address: +44 (0) 161 295 5000
University location: Maxwell Building, The Crescent, Salford M5 4WT, United Kingdom