The University of Manitoba is seeking applications for its International Undergraduate Student Entrance Scholarship for the academic year 2021-2022. The program is conducted for the students entering the university for their undergraduate studies.
The scholarship program is organized to reward academic excellence by international students graduating from international high schools and entering for studies at the University of Manitoba.
The University of Manitoba
The University of Manitoba is a public research university located in Manitoba, Canada. Its main campus is situated in the Fort Garry neighborhood of southern Winnipeg with other campuses. Established in 1877, it is the first university in western Canada. The university maintains a reputation as a top research-intensive post-secondary educational institution and conducts more research annually than any other university in the region.
The applicant must meet up the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The candidate must be international students (i.e., in Canada on valid study permits)
- Must have applied for admission to any Faculty or School at the University of Manitoba by the deadline date of March 1;
- Must be paying the international student tuition fee rates;
- Must have achieved a minimum high school average of 85% based on the best five academic courses from the approved list.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are open to studying any degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at the University of Manitoba?
The University’s internationally accredited programs and award-winning researchers and instructors have a world-class reputation. With tuition fees lower than most other Canadian universities and an affordable city to call home, their students enjoy a high-quality education at a very reasonable cost.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The value of each award is set each year in tiers based on high school grade averages. For example, for the year 2019-2020, the fund values were as follows:
- Averages greater than or equal to 95% – $3,000
- Averages greater than or equal to 90% – $2,000
- Averages greater than or equal to 85% – $1,000
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to these scholarships, applicants are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Eligible candidates are asked to apply for admission at the university to get considered for the scholarship fund. The students have to contact the faculty or staff to get details for applying for admission.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- You must demonstrate English language proficiency
- You must meet one of these two requirements:
- the general admission requirement based on your country of study
- the general admission requirement based on your curriculum of study (International Baccalaureate (IB) or British patterned Education (GCE))
- You must meet program-specific requirements based on the program(s) of choice. Check your country below for program-specific equivalencies, or contact the University admissions office at [email protected] for details.
To travel to and legally stay in Canada, students must familiarize themselves with immigration laws, regulations, and requirements and stay updated on any changes. Laws on immigration are always subject to change. Students must refer to the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website to ensure you have current information.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2021
Contact address: +1 800-432-1960
University location: 66 Chancellors Cir, Winnipeg, MB R3T 2N2, Canada