International students now have an opportunity to complete their higher studies with ease by applying for the Global Futures Scholarship. The award is organized by the University of Manchester for undergraduate and master’s students, holding an offer from the University for September 2021.
The University of Manchester introduced the scholarship award, intending to provide some support to needy students willing to acquire higher and quality education but are not capable of paying for the high-cost educational expenses.
University of Manchester
The University of Manchester is an English public research university founded in 2004 by the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology and the Victoria University of Manchester. The University of Manchester is the UK’s third-largest university and its largest single-site university. Thousands of international students attend the University of Manchester each year.
The applicant must meet up with the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Open to both undergraduate and master’s students with a University of Manchester offer, with evaluation based on academic merit and the quality of scholarship application.
- You must be domiciled in one of the countries listed below. You must also be self-funded (not sponsored).
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- United States
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are open for pursuing an undergraduate or masters degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at the University of Manchester?
The University of Manchester is a historic institution known throughout the world for its groundbreaking discoveries and high-quality research. This Russell Group university, which dates back to 1824, provides an exciting city campus environment as well as some of the best-funded student facilities in the UK.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The University will offer awards totalling £300,000 to international students, commencing their studies in September 2021.
- A total of ten A-level and IB scholarships will be awarded based on academic excellence.
- These consist of ten awards of £5,000 for the first year of study with a further £5,000 awarded in the second year of study, conditional on attainment of 60% average in the first year.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
Candidates must follow the given steps to apply for the scholarships:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Eligible students only need to apply for admission at the campus. The application form will be emailed to all relevant offer-holders that needs to be filled by the students.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Applicants must fulfil the general country/curriculum entry requirement.
- You must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- A minimum of all of the following to be achieved by the end of Senior Year: 1290 SAT OR 27 ACT. 4,4,4 in three AP test scores. SAT Subject Test scores of 650 or above are considered an alternative to AP test scores for entry to many of our programmes.
Foreign students must have a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) issued by The University of Manchester in order to apply for a visa to study at The University of Manchester. The CAS is a one-of-a-kind reference number that confirms the University’s agreement to be your sponsor and provides information about you and your studies to UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) as part of your visa application.
Application Deadline: May 20, 2021
Contact address: +44 161 306 6000
University location: Oxford Rd, Manchester M13 9PL, United Kingdom