The University of Derby is offering its three scholarship programs for the academic year 2021-2022. The awards are made available to international students joining the university for the first time for any degree program.
The students looking for funds to accomplish their higher education will get sufficient help through the various grant programs. The applicants accepted at the university will also be able to apply for all three scholarships and attain enormous funds to fulfil their needs.
University of Derby
The University of Derby is known as a public university in the city of Derby, England. The university offers over 300 study programmes at the undergraduate level. Undergraduate programmes and short courses, foundation degrees, and postgraduate degrees cover most academic disciplines and sub-disciplines. Currently, the university is home to over 34,000 students in all areas of study.
The applicant must meet up with the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- For Vice-Chancellors scholarship- You will need to achieve high academic results exceeding the entry criteria for the course and demonstrate exceptional achievements in an extracurricular activity, either in your own time or through your employment in the last two years in your statement.
- For International Excellence Student Scholarship-open to students from below mentioned countries
- South-East Asia (Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore)
- China (including Hong Kong)
- South Asia (India, Pakistan)
- Africa (Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, Zimbabwe)
- Europe (Norway, Switzerland)
- For GREAT Scholarship- Students must be from one of the following countries: China, Ghana, Kenya, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Pakistan or Thailand.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are open for studying any degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at the University of Derby?
The University’s focus on employability, state-of-the-art facilities, expert teaching and vibrant city are just some of the benefits of choosing to study at the University of Derby. Wherever you come from, wherever you’re heading, we’ve got the facilities, know-how and commitment to take you there.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- Vice-Chancellors Scholarship- One full year’s tuition fees to a limited number of exceptional undergraduate and postgraduate international students.
- International Excellence Student Scholarship- £5,000 scholarship to a limited number of eligible undergraduate and postgraduate international students from the mentioned countries who can demonstrate excellence in their application.
- GREAT Scholarship- In partnership with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign, the University of Derby offers ten scholarships worth £11,000 to international students applying for postgraduate courses.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to these scholarships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Interested candidates are advised to apply for any degree coursework at the University of Derby to consider the scholarship program. Students can apply online for admission at the campus through the given link.
Step 2: Apply for a scholarship
Students accepted at the university for any degree coursework will be eligible to apply for the scholarship award through a separate application. The applicants are asked to fill out an online application form through the given link.
Step 3: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- The candidates must meet the general country or study curriculum entry requirement.
- You must show English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- They would typically expect you to have a First or Upper-Second (2:1) honours degree – and preferably a masters degree – from a UK university for entry on to our PhD programmes. We also accept qualifications and relevant experience that we consider to be equivalent.
If you are studying a course at RFQ level 6 (Bachelors degree) or above, you need to be at level B2. This is equivalent to a score of 5.5 on an IELTS test. For courses below RFQ level 6 (such as the International Foundation Programme or English for Academic Purposes), you need to be at level B1.
Application Deadline: 1 July 2021 at 23:59 BST
Contact address: +44 1332 590500
University location: Kedleston Rd, Derby DE22 1GB, United Kingdom