Aspirants willing to undertake their higher studies in the USA can now apply to the merit scholarships organized by the University of Dayton. The applications are acceptable from incoming international candidates willing to study for an undergraduate degree.
The University of Dayton is organizing this award, intending to help out needy students who have done great in their academics. The program recipients will get to receive enormous funds to overcome their financial barriers and complete their studies.
The University of Dayton
The University of Dayton (UD) is known as a private, Catholic research university located in Dayton, Ohio. Established in 1850 by the Society of Mary (Marianists), it is one of three Marianist universities in the nation and the second-largest private university in Ohio. It provides more than 80 academic programs in arts and sciences, business administration, education and health sciences, engineering and law. In 2009, it offered what it believes to be one of the first undergraduate degree programs in human rights.
The candidates must compete with the mentioned eligibility criteria to apply for the grant:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Merit scholarships will be based on students’ academic qualifications
- Open to international applying for undergraduate degrees
- All students are automatically considered for a merit scholarship when we receive your application
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are open for studying an undergraduate degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at the University of Dayton?
“One of the greatest things about studying at the University of Dayton is that we are encouraged to try different, new things. They are focusing on the common good and the community, and not just ourselves. They can see what the world truly needs.” There’s always something to do at UD, from making friends with students from 60+ countries to exploring culture right on campus.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- Currently, the university is offering international merit scholarships worth up to $29,000 per year towards tuition costs.
- The university does not offer fully-funded scholarships.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to these scholarships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Students willing to apply for the scholarship are advised to apply for admission at the university for any undergraduate degree. The applicants can check out the process of applying for admission through the below-given link.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Aspirants must meet the general country OR study curriculum entry requirement.
- Students must show English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country or curriculum you studied.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA across all schools attended. Minimum 3.0 GPA for all general prerequisite courses. Completion of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university before starting the DPT program. Grade of C or better in all prerequisite courses.
The University of Dayton and the United States Bureau of Immigration & Customs Enforcement require students who plan to enter the U.S. to meet specific requirements. Students must be admitted and provide proof of the ability to cover educational costs, living and other miscellaneous expenses for the first year. UD requires you to submit financial documents to their office to verify this financial capability. Once they received these documents, they will prepare an immigration document (I-20). Students can then use this document to obtain a student (F-1) visa from their consulate.
Application Deadline: May 1 & November 1
Contact address: +1 937-229-1000
University location: 300 College Park, Dayton, OH 45469, United States