Applications for the Pardee Center Graduate Summer Fellows Program are currently open for the academic year 2021-2022. This fellowship program is available for Boston University graduate students from all Schools and Colleges.
This fellowship program is conducted to assist talented aspirants and provide them with the experience for their further career. The program also includes funds to support entering students in their educational expenditure.
Pardee School of Global Studies
The Frederick S. Pardee School of Global Studies at Boston University is Boston University’s newest school and established in 2014 by bringing together several long-established programs in international and regional studies at Boston University. The school has nearly 1,000 students, including about 800 undergraduate students. It also offers six graduate degrees, two graduate certificates, five undergraduate majors, and eight undergraduate minors, and also brings together seven centres and programs of regional and thematic studies.
The candidates must meet up with the following eligibility criteria to apply for the fellowship:
- Available to Boston University graduate students from all schools and colleges.
- First-year master’s and early to mid-stage doctoral students are encouraged to apply.
- Students completing degrees in May 2021 will not be eligible.
- Research proposals that link directly to the student’s own and BU faculty’s ongoing research are especially desirable
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The fellooowships are available for studying any degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at the Pardee School of Global Studies?
The Pardee School works to train graduate students in global affairs and international relations. The school provides significant financial assistance to graduate students for tuition as well as international travel for research. Most degrees require foreign language proficiency and a field internship. The Pardee School provides its students with many opportunities for taking courses across all schools and colleges at Boston University.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- This 10-week fellowship (June 1 – August 6, 2021) includes a financial stipend of $6,000, structured interaction with Pardee Center affiliated faculty and research fellows, and a collegial atmosphere that fosters peer support and intellectual growth.
- An opportunity for students to intensive interdisciplinary research and writing on topics aligned with the future-focused research interests of BU’s Frederick S. Pardee Center for the Study of the Longer-Range Future.
How to Apply for the Fellowship
For applying to the fellowship, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Fellowship
All the applications should be submitted through email (as Word or PDF attachments) by close of business on Tuesday, March 16, to email@example.com with the subject line SUMMER FELLOWSHIP and your last name (e.g., SUMMER FELLOWSHIP JONES) and should include as separate, attached documents:
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- Your CV
- A 1,500-word proposal for your research paper, including how the topic relates to the Pardee Center’s research agenda and your research interests.
- Students must make sure your proposal has a title and page numbers.
- A 250-word abstract at the beginning of the proposal, written for a general, interdisciplinary audience
- A copy of your unofficial transcript
- One letter of support from a Boston University faculty member familiar with your research proposal conception and goals. (The letter should be emailed directly from the faculty member to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Applicants must meet the general country or study curriculum entry requirement.
- Aspirants must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- Any well-qualified person with a four-year bachelor’s degree at the time of enrollment from a recognized college or university, or with equivalent international education, may apply for admission to the Pardee School.
- Applicants who have a three-year bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by India’s National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) may apply.
International students will need an F-1 Student Visa or J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa to study in the US. You will be eligible to apply for the undergraduate program if you’ve completed the equivalent of a US secondary school education, are a GED recipient, or have completed a secondary school equivalency exam.
Application Deadline: March 16, 2021
Contact address: +1 617-358-0988
University location: 121 Bay State Rd, Boston, MA 02215, United States