Lancaster University is dedicated to helping foreign students who are willing to study in the UK, that’s why the university has come forward with the Lancaster EU Transition Scholarship. This award is open for undergraduate and postgraduate aspirants entering the campus for the academic year 2021-2022.
This scholarship will assist the EU students who will undertake their courses at the university. The awardees will get sufficient help covering up their tuition fees, books, and any other expenses and accomplish their degrees with ease.
Lancaster University is a public academic university with a collegiate structure in Lancaster, Lancashire, England. Lancaster is ranked in the top ten in all three national league tables, and it achieved a Gold ranking in the government’s first Teaching Excellence Framework, which was released in 2017. Along with the universities of Durham, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, Sheffield, and York, Lancaster is a member of the N8 Group of research universities.
To be considered for the scholarship, the candidate shall satisfy the following requirements:
- Undergraduate aspirants must achieve AAA at A level or equivalent.
- Postgraduate Taught aspirants must achieve the equivalent of a UK first-class undergraduate degree (1st).
- The Lancaster EU Transition Scholarship is available to eligible applicants to all Undergraduate and Postgraduate Taught degree programs offered at Lancaster University for October 2021.
- Applicants must receive either a conditional or unconditional offer for a place at Lancaster University for October 2021 entry which you have accepted (non‐UCAS applications) or accepted firmly (UCAS applications).
- Fully funded applicants are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Partially funded applicants for less than 50% of their fees would be eligible for this scholarship.
- Awardees must be classed as ‘Overseas’ or ‘International’ fee-paying students for tuition fee purposes for the duration of their studies.
- Awardees must be an EU national, permanently resident in one of the EU member states below;
- Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are available for undergraduate or postgraduate studies in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at Lancaster University?
Lancaster has been called the Best University in the North West and the Best Campus University in the UK, and is ranked in the top ten in the UK’s two central league tables – The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide and Guardian University Guide. Lancaster University is one of the few collegiate colleges in the United Kingdom.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The University will offer a generous scholarship of £7000 to EU nationals liable for international fees.
- This award will assist with recipients fees for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Taught programs for 2021 entry.
- The award is awarded as a fee waiver per year of study and will be automatically granted if students meet the eligibility criteria and terms and conditions outlined below.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
Aspirants must follow the following steps in order to qualify for these scholarships:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
The scholarships are automatically considered as part of the program application and will be conditional if results are unknown. Therefore, there will be no need for any separate application to apply for the scholarship program.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Fellow must meet the general country or study curriculum entry requirement.
- Fellow must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- I have attained an English language level equivalent to academic IELTS 5.5 or above in all four components to start the three-term program. Must have achieved an English language level equivalent to educational IELTS 6.0 or above in all four parts to create the two-term program.
From January 1st, 2021, EU students will be required to have a visa to enter the UK. Further information on this can be found here. If you arrive in the UK on or before the 31st December 2021, you can apply for pre-settled status. This will allow you to remain in the UK without having to apply for a visa.
Application Deadline: Open
Contact address: 01524 510728/ [email protected]
University location: Bailrigg, Lancaster LA1 4YW, United Kingdom