The University of Twente is providing funding to international students through its ITC Excellence Scholarship Program. The program is available for students who have completed a bachelor’s degree from a well-acknowledged university outside the Netherlands.
The main purpose of granting the funds is to assist highly talented students who are in search of funds to accomplish their higher education. The amount can be used to pay for their tuition fees and other educational expenses.
University of Twente
The University of Twente works as a public technical university located in Enschede, the Netherlands. The University has been placed in the top 400 universities in all over the world by three major ranking tables. According to the Times Higher Education magazine, it was ranked 65th in the Reuters’s 2017 European Most Innovative Universities and, 184th worldwide in 2019.
The applicant must meet up the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Students must be residing in and being a national of a country listed on the OECD approved List of Recipients of Official Development Assistance
- Must be having completed the Bachelor’s degree from a well-acknowledged university outside the Netherlands
- Must have academic performance among the top 10%
- Must have a 3.0 or higher Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) on a 4.0 scale, or
- Upper Second Class standing or higher
- English Score: IELTS 6.5
- Must have relevant background for the intended field of study
- Not eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are available to studying a masters degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at the University of Twente?
The University of Twente offers a wide range of programs, from pre-university programs to in-company training sessions and from summer school to part-time master’s. They are facing challenges that are more complex than any humanity has faced before. Solving those problems calls for creative, cross-disciplinary thinking – which is why they combine technology and engineering with behavioral and social sciences. No matter which program, training, or course you follow, we strongly encourage you to cross boundaries, connect disciplines.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The scholarship consists of tuition fees for the full 2-year program
- The funds range up to € 29.851 to assist students in paying for their educational expenses.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to the scholarships, students are needed to follow the below steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
First, eligible studddents must have applied for the ITC Master’s Geo-information Science and Earth Observation through the online application portal and have received an academic acceptance letter.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Students must meet the general country/study curriculum entry requirement.
- Applicant must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- For programs offered by the Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation of the University of Twente, specific requirements apply. Please check the website of the ITC Faculty
By Dutch law, students cannot apply for a visa themselves. All applications and extensions for (entry) visas, residence permits, and Change of Purpose are coordinated by the University of Twente. The Visa Office coordinates the on-campus Bachelor, Master, and Exchange students.
Application Deadline: 15 February & 12 April 2021
Contact address: + 3153 489 9111
University location: Campus University of Twente Drienerlolaan 5 7522 NB Enschede