For encouraging high-achieving and well-rounded students, the University of Sydney is delighted to announce Sydney Scholars award for international or domestic students. The grants are available for the period 2020-2021.
The scholarships are funded to those international or domestic school leavers enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at the University of Sydney in Australia. The grants are provided to the high achiever based on Academic merit and performance.
University of Sydney
The University of Sydney is an Australian public education institution based in Sydney, Australia. The university is recognised as one of the world’s leading universities. It consists of 11 different libraries across the university’s diverse campuses and comprises the university’s five departments and three schools.
The aspirants must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must be an international student or domestic students (New Zealand Citizens).
- International candidate must have completed International Baccalaureate or educational award equivalent to the HSC recently.
- Candidate must be applying through UAC.
- Candidate must be achieved an ATAR of 95 or above (Except the Sydney Conservatorium of Music or the Sydney Dental School, must receive an ATAR of 90 or above).
- Applicants must be applied in the year that you complete your secondary education.
- The candidate will enrol in a full-time undergraduate degree or combine an undergraduate degree immediately following the completion of HSC or equivalent.
- The scholarship will be based on academic merit and personal statements in support of scholarship application.
- The recipient must be maintained a minimum Semester Average Mark (SAM) of 75 each semester.
- Recipients undertaking an exchange during the tenure of this Scholarship are required to have achieved a Satisfied Requirements grade (SR) to receive their next payment.
Fields of Study
The scholarships are available to study an undergraduate degree program in the following areas:
- Visual Studies
Why Study at the University of Sydney?
You will get several job openings in several subjects while studying at the University of Sydney. The university offers career counselling services and other resources which will allow you to be in the best career position at the end of your degree.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- There are two Sydney scholars award worth amount of $6000 per year.
- $6000 per year for the duration of an undergraduate degree
- $6000 for one year of an undergraduate degree.
- The duration of the award is one to five year of study.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to theses studentships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Step 2: Apply for a Scholarship
After taking affirmation, students must need to complete the online application form and submit it with all supporting documents and the personal statement.
Step 3: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Personal Statement
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Applicants must meet the academic eligibility criteria and hold all the supportive documents.
- If English is your second language, you must show English language proficiency.
- Applicants must hold Australian year 12 or equivalent for an undergraduate degree program.
You must hold a valid Australian visa for the duration of your study at Sydney as an international student. Various forms of visa may be appropriate. For more information, see the Australian Government’s Department of Home Affairs.
Application Deadline: Closed
Contact Address: +61 2 8627 1444 or scholarships.office[at]sydney.edu.au or enquire online
University Location: The University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia