For supporting you on the way to graduation, Konrad Adenauer Foundation is awarding full scholarships for outstanding aspirants from all around the world. The scholarships are open for studying the masters or doctorate program at any German university.
The program is aimed at international students and doctoral students who have already completed their studies and would like to start a further study (a postgraduate course or master’s degree), a doctorate or a research stay of at least three semesters at a German university.
Konrad Adenauer Foundation
Konrad Adenauer Foundation is a German political party foundation associated. It operates two educational centres, sixteen training centres, an Academy, and an international conference centre. The goal of the foundation’s civic education programs is to “promote freedom and freedom, peace and justice, improving transatlantic relations and deepening development cooperation.
Candidates are required to meet the following eligibility criteria to be eligible for this educational programme:
- The applicant must have completed a basic degree (we do not support students in bachelor’s programs).
- Candidate must have above-average academic performance.
- The applicant must not be older than 30 years at the time of application.
- Candidate must already have good German language skills (B2 level).
- The applicant must stay in Germany for at least three semesters or be in our funding for at least three semesters.
- The candidate must have a broad general education and a keen interest in political issues.
- Applicant must have a positive attitude towards democracy and human rights.
- Applicant must be able to develop your own point of view and exercise tolerance towards those who think differently.
- Candidate must be highly motivated and convince us with your plans and your potential.
Acceptable Course and Subject
The grants are open for studying the following postgraduate degree coursework:
Read More: Why Study in Germany?
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The amount and duration of financial support depend on the study objective.
- Graduate students studying for a master’s or postgraduate degree, receive a monthly grant of € 850. The regular funding period here is for two years.
- Doctoral applicants, provided they have fulfilled the criteria for unrestricted admission to a doctoral degree at a university in the Federal Republic of Germany, as well as university graduates comparable to German Masters who come to Germany for research purposes and who have at least two years of scientific activity at the beginning of the scholarship period, can prove a monthly grant of € 1,200.
- The standard funding period for doctoral students is three years.
- The program will pay several grants and grants: up to an amount of € 120, we subsidize the costs of health and nursing care insurance upon request.
- A family supplement of € 276 can also be paid if the spouse stays in Germany for more than three months.
- A monthly child benefit in the sum of €194 can also be charged for accompanying children after submission of a German version of the birth certificate and a notice of rejection on the family fund’s State child benefit.
- We also subsidize doctoral students’ research trips abroad, but not for attending scientific congresses and symposia.
- The scholarship will financially and ideally and keeps in touch even after completing their studies or completing their doctorate through the international network of former scholars.
- Candidates can also check other benefits.
Why Study in Germany?
Germany has all the world-class colleges to go around, an inexpensive, carefree lifestyle and plenty of warm sunshine. It’s no wonder students from all over the world flock to Germany every year to study abroad, and you could quickly join in on the fun. It has a long tradition of being home to some of the finest science establishments on Earth.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to theses studentships, candidates are needed to follow this application procedure:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
In order to apply, applicants are required to be admitted to postgraduate courses at a recognized German university. After receiving confirmation, candidates can apply for the scholarship. Candidates are needed to apply before the deadline.
Step 2: Apply for Scholarship
You have the opportunity to apply to the relevant foreign offices for a scholarship from the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Abroad. The precondition for this is that in the near future, a selection conference will be held in your country or region.
On the other hand, you can apply directly to the application process in the Federal Republic if you are already in Germany.
Step 3: Submit Required Documents
- CV in tabular form
- Letter of motivation
- Copies of the previous examination certificates
- Copies of your performance records from German universities
- Proof of your German language skills (at least B2)
- Informal university professor’s report
- Informal personality assessment
- Declaration of acceptance or certificate of enrollment
Applicants for a scholarship for a doctorate should also submit:
- A detailed justification for the topic of the dissertation
- Another informal university teacher report
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject.
- For German study courses: successful passing of the DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 language exam before the start of the study course. Therefore, at the time of application, a minimum German language standard of B1 is a condition that must be proved by the issuance of an existing certificate.
- For courses in English: IELTS certificate (Band 6) or TOEFL certificate (minimum score: 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, 80 internet-based).
You may be excluded from the requirement for a visa to study in Germany, depending on the country you come from. However, you are still expected to obtain a research residency permit lasting more than 90 days once you arrive in Germany.
Scholarship application deadline: Application deadlines are various according to the program, but if you are already in Germany, you can apply for the selection process directly in the Federal Republic of Germany until July 15th at noon each year.
Contact email or phone number: email@example.com or +49 30 26996-3659
Postal Address: Klingelhöferstraße 23, 10785 Berlin, Germany