Most of the Indian students opt to study abroad due to many reasons, and one of them is staying ahead of other peers. It has been observed that in India, we have only a few top-quality programs and obtaining a degree from foreign college or university gives the students better exposure and global acknowledgement.
Also, by studying abroad, their language skills will surely improve. Till class 12th it is good to continue in India, but after that students have many options for their undergraduate and postgraduate courses around the world. After 12th, it’s time to decide what subject you want to go for. Not only the subject is important, but it is also necessary to decide on which college or university you are going to pursue the degree.
Indian university has cut-off rise every year and, many bright students are left behind. Just to ignore this situation and to get further education, students opt for better college abroad. Canada is one of the focused countries for students.
Why study in Canada after 12th?
Canada is one of the favorite destinations for students to complete their further studies because of the growing economy and creative education system. Canada has some of the best colleges and universities which provide lots of options to students.
The policy of the Canadian educational system is also friendly for Indian students, and they want to secure their future after 12th. Canadian universities are in the top 12 in Times Higher Education Supplement Top 200. Taking a degree from the best university will open a better opportunity for you to make the best for the future. Let’s see in detail how studying in Canada a better choice is:
- Renowned Universities: One of the most famous universities in the world is Canadian Universities. In global rankings, the University of Toronto, McGill University, and the University of British Columbia come under the top 100 universities.
- Affordable: Canadian universities are not only best in different types of courses for undergraduate and postgraduates but are also affordable as compared to universities in the USA and UK.
- Studying and earning: To manage the cost of living, International students can apply for a work permit and work along with the following degree.
- Dynamic Culture: Canada has an energetic and diverse culture which makes the life of students vibrant and lively.
- Students around the globe: In Canada, you will find many students across the globe with a different culture. There are approx 5 million international students in Canada.
There are some minimum eligibility requirements to study in Canadian Universities. They are the basic necessity and to check English language ability any of the two tests need to be given that is TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (The International English Language Testing System)
- For Bachelor Courses:
- TOEFL: 213 or IELTS: 6.0
- Class 12: 70% or above
- For Diploma Courses:
- TOEFL: 213 or IELTS: 6.0
- Percentage: Flexible admission.
There is a list of documents required to study in Canada after 12th:
- Valid Passport
- Test Scores (TOEFL, IELTS, SAT) and Transcripts
- Gap letter (if there is any gap in the studies)
- Resume and Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose or Essays – asked by the college
- Transfer certificate, Loan/ Financial documents, and visa documents
Academic Courses after 12th:
There are many course facilities in Canada for both undergraduate and postgraduate international students. Along with full-time courses they also have diploma courses. Below list describes the courses students can do post 12th Class:
Management Courses: Bachelor in Business Administration
- Supply Chain Management
- HR Management
- Retail Management
List of Courses after 12th Commerce in Canada
- B.Com (Finance, Marketing, Accounting, Taxation, Advertising)
- BCA Or Bachelor Of Computer Applications
- Degree in Cost Accounting
- Diploma in HR Management, Business Administration, Hotel Manage
- Animation And Multimedia Courses
- Fashion Designing
- Hotel Management
List of courses after 12th Science in Canada
- B. E/ B. Tech
- Bachelor of Architecture (B. Arch)
- B. Sc. (Science)
- BCA (IT and Software)
- B. Sc. (IT and Software)
- B. Pharma
- Post Basic B. Sc. Nursing
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Geological Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Mechanical and Material Science Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Mining Engineering
There are many colleges which offer a scholarship to international students at the undergraduate level. So, if you are planning to study in Canada after 12th for a better future, then do not get panicked and take the new step for success in life and to achieve dreams.