Stony Brook is one of America’s most dynamic universities and is a centre of academic excellence an internationally recognized research institution that offers all students a world-class education. The University is renowned as a national and global centre for advanced study across the range of academic disciplines.
University is ranked 91 in National Universities according to their performance across a set of widely accepted indicators of excellence. Stony Brook is delivered an accessible world-class education, an incomparably dynamic student experience, and transformative research and medical care.
Acceptance Rate– If you wish to take admission to any university, and then you should first look at an acceptance rate. This rate tells you how excellent the university is and what is their requirements. With an acceptance rate of 42%. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 17,522, its setting is suburban, and the campus size is 1,454 acres.
What GPA do you need to get into Stony Brook?
- The average GPA at Stony Brook is 3.79.
- Stony requires you to be above average in your high school class.
- If you are currently junior or senior, your GPA is hard to change in time for college applications.
- If your GPA is at or below the school average of 3.79, you’ will need a higher SAT or ACT score to compensate.
Stony Brook SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
- Reading- the average score in the Reading will be 671 when you score 590 at 25th percentile and 680 at the 75th percentile.
- Math – The average marks of Math are 633, which is an outcome of 25th percentile score i.e, 620 a 75th percentile score i.e, 730.
- Composite: In composite, your average should be 1304 after calculating marks at 25th percentile which is 1210 and marks at 75th percentile which is 1410.
What is a good SAT, ACT and English Stony Brook University
- All candidates who are not native or primary speakers of English must demonstrate proficiency in English to be admitted to the Graduate School.
- To be considered for admission, an applicant who is not a native or primary speaker of English must present a minimum score for either the TOEFL or IELTS tests, as defined below.
- Stony Brook likely doesn’t have a hard ACT cutoff, but if you score too low, your application will get tossed in the trash.
- The 25th percentile ACT score is 26, and the 75th percentile ACT score is 31.
How much does it tuition & cost to study at Stony Brook University?
Stony Brook University is announced the fees structure for 2019-2020
|Direct Cost||New York Resident||Out of State Resident|
|Total Direct Cost||$24,454||$42,124|
|Indirect Cost||New York Resident||Out of State Resident|
|Total Indirect Cost||$2,768||$2,768|
|Estimated Yearly Cost||$27,222||$44,892|
What is Stony Brook University best known for?
- University With more than 140 graduate and professional programs across the Graduate School, the School of Professional Development, and Health Sciences, Stony Brook can help you master your future and transform the world.
- The aim of Stony Brook University — to advance our community and the world through knowledge and discovery — is lived through the activities of our schools, colleges and programs.
- University delivers an accessible world-class education, an incomparably dynamic student experience, and transformative research and medical care.
- Stony Brook University is renowned as a national and global centre for advanced study across the range of academic disciplines.
- University offer graduate programs in forty-eight disciplines and transdisciplinary, covering the Arts and Sciences, Engineering, Business, Journalism, Health and Medicine, as well as Fine Arts.
What Course/Subject- Major at Stony Brook University known for?
- Stony Brooks graduate students and postdocs are my number one priority, and the Graduate School is committed to providing the resources you need to succeed.
- The Graduate School is committed to the highest standards of academic excellence while providing personal attention to our students.
- University greatest resource is our students, and we are tremendously proud of the work they do.
- It will cover 120 academic programs offered across six academic colleges (plus our prestigious Honors College), UMass Lowell covers the spectrum of learning.
- Undergraduate discipline or transition to another field, almost every undergraduate major tracks to multiple options for graduate study. Customizing a program is also an option for many students.
Stony Brook University is a public or private school?
- Stony Brook is a highly rated public university.
- University offers students a world-class education with an outstanding return on investment.
- University majors include Health Service Preparatory Studies, Psychology, and Biology. Graduating 72% of students.
- Stony Brook offers merit-based scholarships for undergraduates, including the Women in Science and Engineering award.
- The university is accessible by car, train and ferry, and many students choose to commute.
The Admission Process at the University of Stony Brook for Freshman Student
- University minors and combined-degree programs, Stony Brook delivers a world-class education that will exceed your expectations.
- The six undergraduate colleges transform the student experience and help you take advantage of our vast resources.
- The Graduate School offers 48 programs in the arts and sciences, engineering, business, journalism, health and medicine.
Best Scholarships at Stony Brook University
YouAreWelcomeHere International Scholarship at Stony Brook University
Stony Brook University is offering the applications for the #YouAreWelcomeHere International funding for the academic year 2020-2021. The program is open to highly-qualified admitted students with the exceptional intellectual ability or a heart for service, and who have the plan to enrol at a full-time undergraduate study level at Stony Brook in the fall 2020 semester.
Provider: Stony Brook University
Award: 50% of tuition fees coverage
Deadline: January 15, 2020