If you are considering studying in Singapore but looking for funding then here is a valuable opportunity for you to apply for the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA). This program is a collaboration between the A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS, or SUTD.
Grants are open to study at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS, or SUTD. Students will be taught by respected and world-renowned scholars in these laboratories. Upon satisfactory completion, students will receive a PhD degree from NTU, NUS, or SUTD.
Table of Contents
Agency for Science, Technology & Research
The Agency for Science, Technology, and Research is Singapore’s leading public sector agency that spearheads economic-oriented research to advance scientific exploration and develop innovative technology. By open innovation, we work with our partners in both the public and private sectors to support society.
The applicant must have to meet these eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Open to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- Biomedical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
Why study at Agency for Science, Technology & Research?
The Agency for Science, Technology, and Study, formerly known as the National Science and Technology Board until January 2002, is Singapore’s guiding force behind scientific research. A*STAR, the regulatory board under the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI), seeks to advance the economy and enhance life by increasing knowledge-intensive biomedical, academic, scientific, and engineering fields.1 Among the organizations under the umbrella of A*STAR, there are scientific institutions with comprehensive scholarships.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- full tuition fees,
- monthly stipend,
- Settlement allowance and airfare grant.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to studentships, candidates are needed to follow these steps.
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Interested candidates should visit www.sign.a-star.edu.sg/PhD-Program for details on the application process.
Step 2: Apply for a scholarship.
Please ensure that you apply for the right scholarship – “Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)” – in the application portal after logging in.
Step 3: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Applicants must meet the general country/study curriculum and entry requirement.
- Applicants must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum in which you studied.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s academic transcripts.
- Please apply the applications as soon as possible. This will provide enough time for the referees to apply their online recommendation reports before the submission deadline, as only applicants with two recommendation reports will be processed.
Students may apply for a General Visa Tier-4 three months prior to the start of a full-time course upon receipt of their Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS). At the same time, those intending to study for a limited duration of about six months or less can apply for a short-stay student visa.
Application deadline: 1 June 2021
Contact address: +65 6779 7066 / http://www.a-star.edu.sg
University location: ©2020, Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR). #20-10 Connexis North Singapore, SG