Story writing competitions are a great way to strengthen your writing skills and perhaps even win a cash prize. Here is a great opportunity for you to apply for this Short Story Day Africa Prize. This prize is open to African citizens, permanent residents of African countries.
Short Story Day Africa Prize helps to develop writers and gives a chance of being the first publisher to work with them. The competition is searching for exploring disruption, mainly but not limited to climate and environmental disturbance.
This contest is searching for today’s best stories in any fiction genre. So, don’t miss this lucky chance to apply for this competition!!
To be eligible for this competition, the candidates must follow the given criteria:
- Any African citizen or African person living in the diaspora*, as well as persons residing permanently (granted permanent residence or similar) in any African country, may enter.
- Writers may only submit one story for the competition. Repeat entries by the same writer will be disqualified.
- Writers are welcome to submit stories in any fiction genre.
- Stories must be relevant to the theme, although we do encourage creative interpretations.
- Stories must be between 3000 and 5000 words in length.
- Stories must be submitted in English. While you are free to incorporate other languages into your story, the story must be able to be understood fully by its English content.
- Stories must be submitted via online.
- Simultaneous submissions are not welcome. Any story entered or published elsewhere during the course of judging or publication will be disqualified.
- 1st prize: $800
- 2nd prize: $200
- 3rd prize: $100
Application Deadline: Entries must be submitted by October 31, 2019