Are you looking forward to enrolling in a university in China? Then, here’s an opportunity to apply for beneficial scholarships at Shandong University. The students will be considered upon admission at the University for any bachelors or masters degree program for the year 2021-2022.
Each year Shandong University financially supports outstanding new international students in their career pathways. The University offers several scholarships with different eligibility and qualifications according to students need to help them complete their degrees.
Shandong University is known as a public research comprehensive university in Jinan, Shandong, China. It is one of China’s most prominent universities by student population and is supported directly by the national government. Shandong University provides master and doctoral degree programs in all major academic disciplines covering the humanities, science and engineering, and medicine.
The fellows must meet up with the below-mentioned eligibility criteria to be applicable for the scholarship:
- The aspirant must be an international student.
- Students must be citizens of a country other than the People’s Republic of China and be in good health.
- Degree and age requirements:
- Candidates must hold a high school graduate or an equivalent qualification and be under the age of 25 to apply for Bachelor programs;
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree or have equivalent qualification and be under the age of 35 to apply for Master programs;
- Applicants must hold a Master’s degree or an equivalent qualification and be under 40 when applying for PhD programs.
- Have excellent academic performance and strong scientific research skills.
- The candidate can not be awarded any other scholarship that is funded by the Chinese government during the period he or she receives the SDU Scholarship.
- Language requirements:
- For programs taught in Chinese:
- Students must have obtained 210 points or above in the HSK 4 test when applying for Bachelor programs;
- Students must have obtained 180 points or above in the HSK 5 test when applying for Master programs;
- Students must have obtained 180 points or above in the HSK 6 test when applying for PhD programs.
- For programs taught in English
- Native English speakers (U.K., U.S., Canada, New-Zealand, Australia).
- English speakers are asked to submit results of IELTS (6.0 or above), TOEFL (80 points or above / Mybest Scores are accepted, DI code for Shandong University: C296) or other equivalent certificates to prove English proficiency.
- English speakers who have obtained the highest degree or diploma in an institution where the language of instruction is English are not asked to submit IELTS / TOEFL scores.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are open to studying a bachelors or masters degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at Shandong University?
Over the Years, Shandong University has been known for its good reputation, high standard of education, good learning environment and facilities. It is known to be one of the leading Universities in China. It’s also known for its advancement in technological facilities to aid the learning of its students.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
|First Class||1. Offer the tuition fee for the duration of the study; 2. Provide a monthly stipend of 700 RMB for Bachelor students and Master students. For PhD students, the amount is 1,000 RMB per month.|
|Second Class||A yearly 50% reduction of the tuition fee|
|Third Class||A yearly 20% reduction of the tuition fee|
How to Apply for the Scholarship
To apply for these scholarships, fellows are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Eligible and interested candidates must log into the SDU Online Application System for International Students to complete the application. The Application Form for Shandong University Scholarship for International Students must be filled in Chinese or English via online. The application form should be signed by the candidate, scanned and then uploaded to the system.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Fellows must meet the general country or study curriculum entry requirement.
- You must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- Applicants should have a high school diploma. Since English is the teaching medium, applicants from English-speaking countries shall offer their TOEFL score or relevant certificate.
- Candidates from Non-English Speaking countries should provide IELTS or TOEFL.
For international students interested in studying in China, a study visa (X1 or X2) is required. For those who want to study for no more than half a year, and X2 study visa are required. For students that want to study for more than six months, and X1 visa is required. Shandong University will not admit students that don’t hold a study visa.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2021
Contact address: + 86-531- 88364701/ 88364702
University location: China, Shandong, Jinan, Licheng District, Jinan, Shanda S Rd, 27号CN 山东省 济南市 山大南路27号